• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

InDesign CC 2017 slow when copy/pasting from 2 different documents

Explorer ,
Mar 24, 2017 Mar 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think the titles tells it pretty much. I've tried the same thing in CC 2015 and don't have that slow down. If I'm in 2017, I copy text from one document, move to the second document, select some text, paste without formatting to replace the selected text. Easy enough you would think, but every time I switch from one document to the next I get the spinning beach ball for 20-30 sec (on a Macbook Pro 2016, the biggest of them all. It does the same on an iMac 2011 beefed up too for it's time). Like I said, no problem with the same document in CC 2015 (saved the CC 2017 in idml, then opened in CC 2015). And before you suggest it, yes, I've turned off the two options for type in my prefs in both versions, preflight is off, both version have the same prefs. So there is definitely something wrong with CC 2017. This is not the only issue that causes slowness, but it's the one that caused me to convert my documents to CC 2015 to work because it was just unbearable.

Hope you'll fix this cause right now, CC 2017 is pretty useless to us. All designers in our company don't want to work with it, and since the improvement in it are so minor, it should have been a dot dot release, not a full new version.

Jeff

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 24, 2017 Mar 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It sounds like you are reporting this frustrating behavior and not actually asking us for help. You've already done the  things we would normally suggest. The only other idea to throw out there is this patch, which was quietly released a week or so ago. It doesn't specify that it will fix this particular issue, but it is text and 2017 related. It might be worth trying on one workstation. Come back and let us know if it makes a difference.

Troubleshoot text selection issues

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 25, 2017 Mar 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Barb, I'll have a look at that patch next week. I guess I was just reporting it so if other people have the same issue they could chime in and say me too and Adobe would then see they have to investigate further. I'be been on betas for a while, just in that mind set still I guess;-)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 25, 2017 Mar 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Jeff:

Your best bet for reporting this stuff so that you know Adobe see is it via the bug report form:

https://adobe.allegiancetech.com/cgi-bin/qwebcorporate.dll?BXNQNA

~Barb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines