• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

accessto lightroom 6

New Here ,
Mar 24, 2017 Mar 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I often get an error messge whenever I try to enter LR6. "LR cannot find catalogue". To restart it I need to go back to my latest backup (geneally weekly) and therefore loosing latest changes. Temp file is not retained in temp folder

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Make a note of the exact folder location and name of your catalog file. You can find this under Catalog Settings. If this problem happens again, you can go to this exact folder/file and double-click on it to open it.

A possible cause of this problem is a bad/corrupted preference file. Try deleting or renaming your preference file and see if the problem goes away.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also you can search your computer for files ending in .lrcat and locate them all so you know what is where...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 25, 2017 Mar 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you."Make a note of the exact folder location and name of your catalog file. You can find this under Catalog Settings. If this problem happens again, you can go to this exact folder/file and double-click on it to open it."

That's what I have done when not being able to open LR. However there was no wzxxx file (temp LR files are automatically stored as win zip files) in the Temp folder. I have also checked the presence of the correct wzxxx file in the Temp folder when ABLE to open LR. It was there allright. So it seems that on some occasions the temp file is either not properly saved after exiting LR or it is lost in between successive uses of it.

As to a possible cause being a bad/corrupted preference file, how do I delete/rename it?

-

Messaggio originale----

Da: "dj_paige" <forums_noreply@adobe.com>

Data: 24/03/2017 13.42

A: "paolo mascagni"[email address removed]

Ogg:  accessto lightroom 6

accessto lightroom 6

created by dj_paige in Photoshop Lightroom - View the full discussion

Make a note of the exact folder location and name of your catalog file. You can find this under Catalog Settings. If this problem happens again, you can go to this exact folder/file and double-click on it to open it.

A possible cause of this problem is a bad/corrupted preference file. Try deleting or renaming your preference file and see if the problem goes away.

If the reply above answers your question, please take a moment to mark this answer as correct by visiting: https://forums.adobe.com/message/9412770#9412770 and clicking ‘Correct’ below the answer

Replies to this message go to everyone subscribed to this thread, not directly to the person who posted the message. To post a reply, either reply to this email or visit the message page:

Please note that the Adobe Forums do not accept email attachments. If you want to embed an image in your message please visit the thread in the forum and click the camera icon: https://forums.adobe.com/message/9412770#9412770

To unsubscribe from this thread, please visit the message page at , click "Following" at the top right, & "Stop Following"

Start a new discussion in Photoshop Lightroom by email or at Adobe Community

For more information about maintaining your forum email notifications please go to https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1516624.

This email was sent by Adobe Community because you are a registered user.

You may unsubscribe instantly from Adobe Community, or adjust email frequency in your email preferences

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 25, 2017 Mar 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

paolom7714093  wrote

Thank you."Make a note of the exact folder location and name of your catalog file. You can find this under Catalog Settings. If this problem happens again, you can go to this exact folder/file and double-click on it to open it."

That's what I have done when not being able to open LR.

No, what you have done is NOT what I said. There is no zip file to look for. It is the actual catalog file you have to look for, as I said. I said: "Make a note of the exact folder location and name of your catalog file. You can find this under Catalog Settings."

2017-03-25 14_34_41-Catalog Settings.png

As you can see, the exact folder name and file name of your catalog is displayed. Then, in your operating system, you find this folder and this file and double-click on it. There is no zip file involved in this process.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 29, 2017 Mar 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

sorry for not explaying well but what I did is exactly what you suggested.

in the catologue settings of LR the location of folder is as follows C:\Users\Mascagni\AppData\Local\Temp\wzxxxInside the wzxx folder is where the catalogue is stored.I've no problem with that.

My problem is that from time to time (for example today) the wzxxx folder disappears from its location above and the only way I can open LR6 is from the backup folder. To avoid loosing data I'm currently saving the data each time I exit LR

-

Messaggio originale----

Da: "dj_paige" <forums_noreply@adobe.com>

Data: 25/03/2017 19.38

A: "paolo mascagni"<p.a.mascagni@libero.it>

Ogg: accessto lightroom 6

accessto lightroom 6

created by dj_paige in Photoshop Lightroom - View the full discussion

paolom7714093 wrote

That's what I have done when not being able to open LR.

No, what you have done is NOT what I said. There is no zip file to look for. It is the actual catalog file you have to look for, as I said. I said: "Make a note of the exact folder location and name of your catalog file. You can find this under Catalog Settings."

https://forums.adobe.com/servlet/JiveServlet/downloadImage/2-9415043-1159557/2017-03-2514_34_41-CatalogSettings.png

As you can see, the exact folder name and file name of your catalog is displayed. Then, in your operating system, you find this folder and this file and double-click on it. There is no zip file involved in this process.

If the reply above answers your question, please take a moment to mark this answer as correct by visiting: https://forums.adobe.com/message/9415043#9415043 and clicking ‘Correct’ below the answer

Replies to this message go to everyone subscribed to this thread, not directly to the person who posted the message. To post a reply, either reply to this email or visit the message page:

Please note that the Adobe Forums do not accept email attachments. If you want to embed an image in your message please visit the thread in the forum and click the camera icon: https://forums.adobe.com/message/9415043#9415043

To unsubscribe from this thread, please visit the message page at , click "Following" at the top right, & "Stop Following"

Start a new discussion in Photoshop Lightroom by email or at Adobe Community

For more information about maintaining your forum email notifications please go to https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1516624.

This email was sent by Adobe Community because you are a registered user.

You may unsubscribe instantly from Adobe Community, or adjust email frequency in your email preferences

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines