• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

why is image pixelated in indesign

Community Beginner ,
Mar 25, 2017 Mar 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I copied and pasted a 1886 x 1505 pixel image at 350 dpi from Photoshop CS3 to InDesign and the image is pixelated.

Then I saved the file as a jpg and then in InDesign I Placed the picture and the image is pixelated.

Then I saved the file as a raster file by choosing Export, Paths to Illustrator. Then I Placed the picture and the image cannot be seen.

This image is ok if I don't mind 72 dpi but I do mind. Please, how do I get a quality image from Photoshop to InDesign?

[Moderator: moved from non-technical Lounge to InDesign forum.]

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 25, 2017 Mar 25, 2017

Don’t copy / paste. Just place the image in InDesign using the file > place command.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I should have answered the question I found in several posts, "How does it print?" The image prints the same as it appears on the screen... pixelated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And ensure the "Effective Resolution" is between 200 and 300 PPI.

and the display is set to High Quaility

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for the reply, you are right. This did help it look better on the screen. Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don’t copy / paste. Just place the image in InDesign using the file > place command.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I hate when someone doesn't read the original question except when you are right and need to point this out.

I already did what you said but what I didn't do after Placing the image is to see how it printed!

Thanks for making me go back and looking at this again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines