• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't export Experience design file to Dreamweaver

New Here ,
Jan 13, 2017 Jan 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I can't export an experience design file into dreamweaver software to create Website with my prototype. That is normal or a solution exist? Thanks (I'm french so apologize for my english).

Océane Lozano.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Participant , Jan 15, 2017 Jan 15, 2017

Hi Oceane, XD is a design and prototyping tool only.

It's like doing your design in photoshop to get feedback from a client BEFORE you start. The big difference with XD is it's also a prototyping tool which means you can add links to the navigation and buttons, upload it, then send the client the url so he/she can play with the prototype BEFORE you start building the site using Dreamweaver.

PS: Like photoshop, you can export assets for use in Dreamweaver (but not the code)

Votes

Translate

Translate
Participant ,
Jan 15, 2017 Jan 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Oceane, XD is a design and prototyping tool only.

It's like doing your design in photoshop to get feedback from a client BEFORE you start. The big difference with XD is it's also a prototyping tool which means you can add links to the navigation and buttons, upload it, then send the client the url so he/she can play with the prototype BEFORE you start building the site using Dreamweaver.

PS: Like photoshop, you can export assets for use in Dreamweaver (but not the code)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 16, 2017 Jan 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok I understand. Thank you !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 23, 2017 Mar 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Really not understanding much of this. Why the hell bother with XD if it wont export anything, whats the point. bit ridiculous if you ask me..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 24, 2017 Mar 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

XD will export the assets for use in other solutions. The primary goal of XD to quickly prototype the user flow of the 'experience' (app, site, etc) and validate that with a client or internally.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Chris,

What assets??

Basically, how do we go from design to development please???? what products should we be using here??

I just want to make a website but the overwhelming choice of applications makes this impossible to figure out...

Thanks and regards

Sean Rivero-Guy

Senior Consultant

www.healthplanspain.com

info@healthplanspain.com

www.facebook.com/HealthPlanSpain

Office: +34 952 835 600

Sales Support: +34 952 834 456

Fax: +34 951 244 267

Licensed and registered by Sanitas de Seguros S.A. License no.22395

-

On Fri, 24 Mar 2017 16:02:06 +0100 Chris W. Griffith <forums_noreply@adobe.com> wrote -

created by Chris W. Griffith in Adobe Experience Design CC (Beta) - View the full discussion XD will export the assets for use in other solutions. The primary goal of XD to quickly prototype the user flow of the 'experience' (app, site, etc) and validate that with a client or internally.

If the reply above answers your question, please take a moment to mark this answer as correct by visiting: https://forums.adobe.com/message/9413006#9413006 and clicking ‘Correct’ below the answer

Replies to this message go to everyone subscribed to this thread, not directly to the person who posted the message. To post a reply, either reply to this email or visit the message page:

Please note that the Adobe Forums do not accept email attachments. If you want to embed an image in your message please visit the thread in the forum and click the camera icon: https://forums.adobe.com/message/9413006#9413006

To unsubscribe from this thread, please visit the message page at , click "Following" at the top right, & "Stop Following"

Start a new discussion in Adobe Experience Design CC (Beta) by email or at Adobe Community

For more information about maintaining your forum email notifications please go to https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1516624.

This email was sent by Adobe Community because you are a registered user.

You may unsubscribe instantly from Adobe Community, or adjust email frequency in your email preferences

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Under the File menu, there is an Export menuitem. This will export the visual assets in a variety of formats (PNG, SVG, PDF). You can choose the target usage as well; design, web, mobile.

As to what products to use, that is a tough call. It depends on the level of experience on both the design and development portion of the task. If you are more design oriented, then Muse might be good. If you are more development oriented, then code away in Dreamweaver and use the assets exported from XD, Photoshop or Illustrator. There is no one solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Chris,

We are the designers and we have a dev team elsewhere who will code it up.

What is the best design tool for design? - is it XD / Illustrator or photoshop?

Thanks and regards

Sean Rivero-Guy

Senior Consultant

www.healthplanspain.com

info@healthplanspain.com

www.facebook.com/HealthPlanSpain

Office: +34 952 835 600

Sales Support: +34 952 834 456

Fax: +34 951 244 267

Licensed and registered by Sanitas de Seguros S.A. License no.22395

-

On Fri, 24 Mar 2017 16:42:26 +0100 Chris W. Griffith <forums_noreply@adobe.com> wrote -

created by Chris W. Griffith in Adobe Experience Design CC (Beta) - View the full discussion Under the File menu, there is an Export menuitem. This will export the visual assets in a variety of formats (PNG, SVG, PDF). You can choose the target usage as well; design, web, mobile.

As to what products to use, that is a tough call. It depends on the level of experience on both the design and development portion of the task. If you are more design oriented, then Muse might be good. If you are more development oriented, then code away in Dreamweaver and use the assets exported from XD, Photoshop or Illustrator. There is no one solution.

If the reply above answers your question, please take a moment to mark this answer as correct by visiting: https://forums.adobe.com/message/9413128#9413128 and clicking ‘Correct’ below the answer

Replies to this message go to everyone subscribed to this thread, not directly to the person who posted the message. To post a reply, either reply to this email or visit the message page:

Please note that the Adobe Forums do not accept email attachments. If you want to embed an image in your message please visit the thread in the forum and click the camera icon: https://forums.adobe.com/message/9413128#9413128

To unsubscribe from this thread, please visit the message page at , click "Following" at the top right, & "Stop Following"

Start a new discussion in Adobe Experience Design CC (Beta) by email or at Adobe Community

For more information about maintaining your forum email notifications please go to https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1516624.

You may unsubscribe instantly from Adobe Community, or adjust email frequency in your email preferences

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Mar 25, 2017 Mar 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi sean, You asked: What is the best design tool for design? - is it XD / Illustrator or photoshop?

As I mentioned in anther post, XD is better. XD was designed to replace the old workflow where designers used PS or Illustrator to create their web/app designs (UI/UX) then sent the finished designs to developers to code.

XD is much simpler, faster and more intuitive to design with and it also has a full prototyping tool that allows fancy things like transitions (slide, dissolve, speed, easing etc.) so your client can actually play with the design after you upload it to the Adobe server. The prototyping feature also allows your client (or developer) to comment on parts of the design. You can then make the required changes and upload it again very quickly.

The idea of prototyping, of course, is to get all the questions, confusion, decisions and problems out of the way before the coding starts. The developers also have something they can copy.

PS: Be aware that XD started out on Mac. The windows version is only 5 or 6 months old and still hasn't got all the features the Mac version has.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Chris,

Also, can we collaborate in XD with our dev team? if yes, how?

Im about to buy a mac and get sketch (but i would rather not)

Seems there are a load of products but no clear winner on design and prototype for windows...

Thanks and regards

Sean Rivero-Guy

Senior Consultant

<personal information removed by moderator>

-

On Fri, 24 Mar 2017 16:42:26 +0100 Chris W. Griffith&lt;forums_noreply@adobe.com&gt; wrote -

created by Chris W. Griffith in Adobe Experience Design CC (Beta) - View the full discussion  Under the File menu, there is an Export menuitem. This will export the visual assets in a variety of formats (PNG, SVG, PDF). You can choose the target usage as well; design, web, mobile.

If the reply above answers your question, please take a moment to mark this answer as correct by visiting: https://forums.adobe.com/message/9413128#9413128 and clicking ‘Correct’ below the answer

Please note that the Adobe Forums do not accept email attachments. If you want to embed an image in your message please visit the thread in the forum and click the camera icon: https://forums.adobe.com/message/9413128#9413128

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, thanks for the replies, but I sort of understood all of that before. In MUSE I design and the coding is done for me in the background with widgets etc. Then I upload it and it's live and functional. It appears that adobe has only done half the job here, creating a really powerful design and prototyping tool that ultimately confounds and frustrates its customers by missing out the most important element in the final step, the ability to simply click and upload to apple or android stores. The XD  app that we've created is a simple, click on icon and navigate between pages and content as in the XD prototype. How difficult would it be to add the final stage to the XD app, they've managed it with MUSE? Rant over....

Anyway: my problem now is, how do I turn my prototype into an actual app that can be sent to apple and android stores for approval, I'm not a coder so any advice will be much appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Mar 25, 2017 Mar 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Yasmine,

You said: "It appears that adobe has only done half the job here... How difficult would it be to add the final stage to the XD app, they've managed it with MUSE?"

It would be VERY difficult. It would be like adding an automatic coding function to Photoshop. You'd have to recreate the app from the ground up but I think you're confused about what XD is.

XD is not trying to be a web editor (mini Muse). Think of it more like a mini Photoshop/Illustrator combo with a richly featured prototyping function. The workflow for many designers was to use PS or Illustrator to design web/apps, then sent them off to a developer to code.

XD was created to take over the PS/Illustrator role and add a proper prototyping mode (i.e. ability to upload for clients to play with, ability to comment, etc.) So now the workflow for web/app designers is to use XD for the web/app design and prototype while going back to using PS and Illustrator for images and graphic assets.

The Adobe web/app tools are:

XD is for designers (UI/UX) – who want to hand the coding over to professional coders (or code it themselves from scratch.)

Muse is for designers -- who are content with automatically generated web code that’s not industry standard and may impose limits on what you can do.

Dreamweaver is for designers/developers -- who want to create websites using both design and code.

Re: How to turn your XD prototype into an app that can be sent to Apple and Android stores is like asking how to turn a Photoshop design into an app. You'll have to have it built by a developer or create it in Muse. (I think there are some restrictions with Muse apps, so you'll have to check those out.) Sorry, I can't help here. I haven't created any apps for those stores.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines