• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Matching Profiles in lightroom print module

Contributor ,
Mar 25, 2017 Mar 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After updating my printer driver (Epson Stylus Pro 4800) the profiles are different than they were in the old driver. I no longer have an option for photo quality inkjet paper _mk

I'm reading the latest lightroom book and it says if you're color managing in lightroom, you should always make sure you have the exact same paper profile you have set up in printer preferences and turn off color manage in printer. Confused because now I'm forced to use "presentation paper matte" in the printer for lack of a better choice. But that option is not available in lightroom profiles.

To add to this, I'm not seeing the option to turn off color manage in printer after installing the new driver either. Calling Mr. Nash,....

Thank You

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Who is the supplier of photo quality inkjet paper _mk? Is it  an Epson paper?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes Jim.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Then you will have to download the profile from Epson. I don't know why you lost it. But that would be the best source to get it again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With that said Jim, the profile I need is obviously already in my system since I can choose it in lightroom. I've found where all of the lightroom profiles are coming from.

Now I'm just trying to figure out how to load certain ones into my printer driver options.

Can anyone guide me in on that?

Thank You

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure how it works with Epson printers. I use a Canon printer.  In the Canon printer driver setup I choose the paper type. Then I choose the specific paper profile in Lightroom. Maybe that is where Epson has gone with the new update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ya it's a little confusing Jim. I can choose ICM and get the profile to load on the advanced tab but when I go back to preferences the paper choice is still incorrect.

So i don't know if advanced overrides the pref page or what, but it doesn't grey out or anything. Still looks like the incorrect paper is loaded. I have a support ticket with Epson to help but I thank you for your efforts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines