• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Export with ascending number as file name

Community Beginner ,
Mar 20, 2017 Mar 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to export my collection to disk with an ascending number as file name.

I configured a disk publisher service, and set a custom file name like {sequence_0001}_{filename}.

But neither sequence nor image number seem to enumerate my collection from 1-n. At some point, numbering is resetted to 1. I tried re-publishing, deleting all exported files. Nothing fixes this.

Any suggestions? How do I make an export with image numbers?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Mar 20, 2017 Mar 20, 2017

I figured out a terribly complicated solution:

Deleting all file from the published location, deleting the collection in the publishing service module, re-adding the collection, re-publishing everything. Then, all file are numbered form 1-n.

Can't be the final answer, can it?

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I figured out a terribly complicated solution:

Deleting all file from the published location, deleting the collection in the publishing service module, re-adding the collection, re-publishing everything. Then, all file are numbered form 1-n.

Can't be the final answer, can it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You probably shouldn't use an export service to do this as it resets the file number every time you do a republish. Just a simple export will do it just fine. From looking around the web this appears to be a general problem with how the publish services work and it appears impossible to avoid duplicate numbering.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 26, 2017 Mar 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello Jao vdL,

thanks for your reply. Probably your hint to just use the simple export is the best approach.

Reordering or renaming already published photos may be a complicated problem to solve. However, it seems like a bug to me that numbering is not reset even after I say republish all photos.

I'm disappointed by Lightroom here. It could do better.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines