• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Backward Compatibility between Lightroom CC and Lightroom 6

New Here ,
Mar 26, 2017 Mar 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I currently have all my images in Lightroom CC.

If I decide to revert to back to Lightroom 6, can I access my CC catalog and use it in Lightroom 6.

Thanks

Elle

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Mar 26, 2017 Mar 26, 2017

Since Lightroom CC 2015 and Lightroom 6 are the exact same program with different licensing, your Lightroom CC 2015 is 100% compatible with Lightroom 6. Your Lightroom CC 2015 catalog is 100% usable in Lightroom 6.

However, once there is a major upgrade of Lightroom CC (maybe it will be named Lightroom CC 2017?) then the compatibility of catalogs with LR 6 ends, the catalog from the next major upgrade of Lightroom CC cannot be used in Lightroom 6.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since Lightroom CC 2015 and Lightroom 6 are the exact same program with different licensing, your Lightroom CC 2015 is 100% compatible with Lightroom 6. Your Lightroom CC 2015 catalog is 100% usable in Lightroom 6.

However, once there is a major upgrade of Lightroom CC (maybe it will be named Lightroom CC 2017?) then the compatibility of catalogs with LR 6 ends, the catalog from the next major upgrade of Lightroom CC cannot be used in Lightroom 6.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All your edits in CC will transfer to 6 but you will not be able to CHANGE edits such as Dehaze that are only in CC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LR 6 and LR CC are exactly the same program, same download and same files get installed on your computer. The difference comes from how you Sign In, IE the Adobe ID you use to sign in with.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forums.adobe.com/people/Just+Shoot+Me  wrote

LR 6 and LR CC are exactly the same program, same download and same files get installed on your computer. The difference comes from how you Sign In, IE the Adobe ID you use to sign in with.

The above posts saying CC and 6 are the SAME program are kind of misleading.  They ARE the same CODE but Lr 6 has many functions disabled compared to CC.  The OP was talking about using a CC catalog in Lr6.  Edits like Dehaze will be honored in Lr6 but can not be changed unless you do a reset or go back in history.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Even though the usable feature set is different they are the exact same files installed on your drive. When going from one to the other all that is needed is to sign out and sign back in using the appropriate Adobe ID.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks all. Appreciate the feedback

Elle

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 12, 2020 Aug 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I accidentally downloaded the trial to LR v9, it stole all my photos from LR6, how do i get my photos back into LR6!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 12, 2020 Aug 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your photos are not in the catalog, and one catalog cannot steal photos from another catalog. 

You need to launch Lightroom 6, and it will launch your Lightroom 6 catalog, and everything will be as it was. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 25, 2020 Aug 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Except I launch LR6 and my catalog isn't there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 25, 2020 Aug 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you launch LR6, is the catalog you want shown under File->Open Recent?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines