• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash CS6 Is there a way to manually input a symbols Pivot Point

New Here ,
Mar 25, 2017 Mar 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Like the title says.  I have several keyframes of a symbol set in the timeline.  Each skewed to their respective positions.  By the time I set all of them into a classic tween, I noticed an error in the animation.  All of them had the transformation point in the center, but the first two key frames also had their pivot points (the white circle) in the center while the other keyframes had their pivot points somewhere in the lower left where I intentionally set them.  It doesnt seem like theres any box to manually input the number of the pivot points, and when I try to edit multiple layers and and select them all put the pivot point in the in a new spot, when I reselect each symbol, the pivot point did not change.  And since dragging the messed up symbols pivot point is inaccurate because its near impossible to align them perfectly with the others, it creates a shaky tween as it tries to align itself with the next symbols pivot point.  And its too much work to delete all the symbols and start keyframing and skewing again.  Surely an advanced program such as flash must have a basic thing to precisely customize a symbols pivot point instead of having users rely on such an inaccurate method such as dragging.  Messing up animations and keyframes are common, so there must be something.to fix pivot points.  If the program really doesnt have anything for it, then is there some sort of add on that will help with it?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 25, 2017 Mar 25, 2017

you can use changeRegPtF below. 

function changeRegPtF(dobj:DisplayObjectContainer,x:Number,y:Number):void {

var r:Rectangle = dobj.getRect(dobj);

for (var i:int=0; i<dobj.numChildren; i++) {

dobj.getChildAt(i).x-=r.x+x;

dobj.getChildAt(i).y-=r.y+y;

}

dobj.x+=r.x+x;

dobj.y+=r.y+y;

}

eg, to change the reg pt of mc to the bottom right use:

changeRegPtF(mc, mc.width, mc.height);

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you can use actionscript to precisely set registration/pivot points.  would that help you?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I never had to use anything beyond the tools and timeline.  How would I go about using actionscript for it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you can use changeRegPtF below. 

function changeRegPtF(dobj:DisplayObjectContainer,x:Number,y:Number):void {

var r:Rectangle = dobj.getRect(dobj);

for (var i:int=0; i<dobj.numChildren; i++) {

dobj.getChildAt(i).x-=r.x+x;

dobj.getChildAt(i).y-=r.y+y;

}

dobj.x+=r.x+x;

dobj.y+=r.y+y;

}

eg, to change the reg pt of mc to the bottom right use:

changeRegPtF(mc, mc.width, mc.height);

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 26, 2017 Mar 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What menu would I have to go in to input that code, and where in the code would I input the anchor points coordinates?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 26, 2017 Mar 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

that's actionscript.  it goes in the actions panel.

but if you don't even have a beginning knowledge of animate cc you probably won't be able to use that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You may find the Anchor Organizer​ plugin helpful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines