• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

mac won't install AE presets... have tried different ways to do so, but nothing is working, help!

New Here ,
Mar 26, 2017 Mar 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have tried to install after effects presets by adding them to the presets folder and also going into the .xml file and nothing works. I am not super experienced with ae but it seems as if one of those ways should have worked. Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

thank you

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 26, 2017 Mar 26, 2017

What kind of presets? OS and Version of AE down to the last decimal point please...

IF you are looking to install animation presets the easiest way is to create an animation preset of your own and then click save and look at the path AE chooses. Personally I put all of my AE animation presets in a folder I have created in Dropbox so I have them available on all my machines. I then put an alias to the dropbox folder in the normal location Here's the structure on a Mac:

Screen Shot 2017-03-26 at 8.20.58 AM.png

If you are not dealing with A

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Mar 26, 2017 Mar 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

What kind of presets? OS and Version of AE down to the last decimal point please...

IF you are looking to install animation presets the easiest way is to create an animation preset of your own and then click save and look at the path AE chooses. Personally I put all of my AE animation presets in a folder I have created in Dropbox so I have them available on all my machines. I then put an alias to the dropbox folder in the normal location Here's the structure on a Mac:

Screen Shot 2017-03-26 at 8.20.58 AM.png

If you are not dealing with Animation preset please let us know. To use a preset you don't have to put them anywhere special, you just have to browse to their location using the Animation menu. To get them to show up in the Effects and Presets Panel you should use the standard user presets directory. It's not a very good idea to start mixing them with the standard presets that come with AE.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines