• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Trapcode Particular Roatation Problem

New Here ,
Mar 24, 2017 Mar 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having a frustrating issue using Trapcode Particular. It is set to Sprite and I am trying to use "Particle > "Rotation" > "Rotate Z" to counter the rotation of my Camera layer, and using a keyframe to bring the particle layer back to 0, but no matter what I try to do, the sprite particles don't rotate at all after the initial angle, even when the "Rotate Z" value is clearly changing. Is this an issue in the plug-in itself?

Below is what is going on. The "Rotate Z" is set to -45 degrees, but none of the sprites are rotated that way because of the 0 degree keyframe at 04:00f.

Screen Shot 2017-03-24 at 5.38.07 PM.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Mar 25, 2017 Mar 25, 2017

That's nonsense. You don't understand how the effect works. These parameters are applied when the particle is born. You can't change them afterwards for animation.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Mar 25, 2017 Mar 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's nonsense. You don't understand how the effect works. These parameters are applied when the particle is born. You can't change them afterwards for animation.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 26, 2017 Mar 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please spend some time on the Red Giant site learning about Particular. I could easily spend the better part of a semester teaching Particular. There's that much to learn.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 09, 2017 Nov 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mylenium, it is evident that PK doesn't understand how this aspect of particular works - they are on a forum asking a question about it! The second two sentences that explain how it functions are much less rude and much more helpful. JMTC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 12, 2022 Jan 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mylenium is rude to everyone. He's a spiteful troll. If you have questions or answers you are in the right space. If a person is just here to insult people while they're trying to learn something I wonder why that person is spending their time reaching out to insult strangers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 24, 2021 Jun 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Waiting for others to confirm but, if your partilce is a sprite, you could apply a "transform" effect to it (the source particle layer) and then set the "time sampling" under Particle > Sprite control to what works for you.

Luca

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 30, 2022 Dec 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

In the most current version (December 2022)  of AE and Particular one thing that will affect the rotation of a sprite is the "Face Camera" check box under "sprite controls".  Once that's off, the rotation settings for X Y and Z will become active.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines