• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

how do I "save as" to recent folders

Community Beginner ,
Mar 26, 2017 Mar 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've looked in the file handling preferences and I don't see an option to add this to the favorites. I just want to "save as" and have the last folder I was in to come up so I don't have to navigate through all the files again.

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 26, 2017 Mar 26, 2017

There is a Preference setting to "save as to original folder". If you uncheck this it will remember the last folder used.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your statement does not seem completely clear to me.

In any case on Mac you should be able to select one of the recent Folders from a dropdown menu:

macSavAsRecentPlaces.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That did it! Thank you so much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I could find the folder in my documents, but I just didn't want to have to go through and select the various sub folders every time. D Fosse's response worked for what I needed. Thank you so much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is a Preference setting to "save as to original folder". If you uncheck this it will remember the last folder used.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 29, 2018 May 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will appreciate it if someone could give more details about this solution. I went through the entire preferences of Adobe Acrobat Pro XI and couldn't find it. Does it apply only to later versions? Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 25, 2022 Nov 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

"Save as in original folder" is only in the Photoshop prefs.  I have yet to test this but I think what is best and what most designers want here is, Saving a file in Photoshop or Ilustatator.  Then when pasting in InDesign, it opens that last folder with the newly edited/saved file in the finder... done.  Is this what will happen when deselecting the "save as in original file" turned off?  This always seems to be a problem and I see the folder that opens on my Mac when placing is delayed for opening the latest folder I saved to. It does change however... after time?  I have not documented this closely enough yet to understand why.  There is a setting in Finder prefs on a Mac.. "New Finder windows show:"  I have that set at recents.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines