• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

remove jpegs from lightroom 6

New Here ,
Mar 26, 2017 Mar 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ive imported jpegs and raw. I dont want to keep the jpegs, how do I group them together and then delete them. Easy in Photoshop why is it so difficult in LR

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 26, 2017 Mar 26, 2017

It's really easy. You go to the folder where you imported them in Library grid view (hit G), go to the Library filter bar right above the grid (hit "/" if it is not visible for some reason) and click on "metadata". Change one of the columns to "file type" and click on JPEG. Now it will just show you the jpegs. Select them and delete them. At the end turn the filter off by clicking the popup on the top right above the grid and select "filters off".

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's really easy. You go to the folder where you imported them in Library grid view (hit G), go to the Library filter bar right above the grid (hit "/" if it is not visible for some reason) and click on "metadata". Change one of the columns to "file type" and click on JPEG. Now it will just show you the jpegs. Select them and delete them. At the end turn the filter off by clicking the popup on the top right above the grid and select "filters off".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's pretty easy. In the Filter Bar at the top of the Library Module (press backslash if it is not showing), click on Metadata, then set the dropdown menu to File Type, select JPEG, and then you can select all of the JPGs you want, and remove them.

2017-03-26 11_48_09-Settings.png

If I could provide you with the slightest bit of advice, the expectation that LR will do things the same as Photoshop is going to cause you problems, and you need to understand that Lightroom is different and does things differently.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

adrian12345  wrote

Ive imported jpegs and raw. I dont want to keep the jpegs, how do I group them together and then delete them. Easy in Photoshop why is it so difficult in LR

I think you are talking about Photoshop Elements and not the Full blown Photoshop. To my knowledge, using PS for 15 years, PS doesn't contain a File Browser function. You use Bridge for that.

As others have stated you use the Filter bar to show only JPG images then select all of them and Right click on any one of them and select Remove Photos then select Delete from Disk. Or if you want the JPGs but don't want them in the LR catalog then select Remove from Catalog.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines