• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom 6.8 and auto-import

Explorer ,
Feb 17, 2017 Feb 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I set up auto-import today for the first time in LR 6.7 and it worked fine as advertised. Shut down and installed the new update. Re-opened the program later and auto-import no longer works. File / auto-import / settings repeatedly gives: 'Unexpected error performing command: ?:attempt to index a nil value'. This bug is not cured by PC (Win 7) shut-down / reboot. Is it to do with the 6.8 upgrade? Advice please.

Thanks,

Eric

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Mar 08, 2017 Mar 08, 2017

Hi ericw,

Please update Lightroom for 6.9/2015.9 version which includes the fix for Lightroom 2015.8: Cannot access Auto Import Settings form File menu | Photoshop Family Customer Community

refer: Lightroom CC 2015.9 now available

Thanks,

Mohit

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This bug was introduced into LR CC 2015.8 / 6.8 and has been acknowledged by Adobe: Lightroom 2015.8: Cannot access Auto Import Settings form File menu | Photoshop Family Customer Comm... . The only reliable workaround is to roll back to 6.7: Lightroom roll back to prior update version .

Please add your me-too vote and details of your issue to the bug report, to make it more likely Adobe will prioritize the fix.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can now add that some picture files placed in my watched folder - but not all - are being imported into the target folder and can be seen there in Windows Explorer but are not being imported into the LR catalog - hence are not visible there.

Eric

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 08, 2017 Mar 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi ericw,

Please update Lightroom for 6.9/2015.9 version which includes the fix for Lightroom 2015.8: Cannot access Auto Import Settings form File menu | Photoshop Family Customer Comm...

refer: Lightroom CC 2015.9 now available

Thanks,

Mohit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 25, 2017 Mar 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a lightroom 6.9 (updated 3/10/2017) 2007-2017 purchased version, using on Dell xps-13 (i7, 512 ssd,..) window 10x64, getting "unexpected error performing command ?:0: attempt to index a nil value" when trying to access "auto import setting" to set up for tethered shooting.  Please help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you look at the bottom of the linked artice in reply #1 you will see that this is STILL broken in 2015.9.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you for your respond.  does "STILL broken" mean that as of even latest version problem still exist and auto import setting can not be accessed?

i tried googling and after spending couple of hours in adobe forums, LR6 software help>update.... i can not find the link to be able to update my LR6 to the latest version that it will allow tethered shooting.  As of now I can shoot tethered, photo does get  transferred to proper folder in hard drive, but it will not show in lightroom until i initiate new synchronization for that folder.  I think it is because i can not access auto import setting to let LR6 to know where to look for said tethered shots.

I was thinking if i can select the auto import somehow (it is grayed out right now)? and if i know the default location that LR6 looks to import i can set up my remote control to send the tethered shots to that folder, if more proper solution is not available.

thank you for your time

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi  AraT,

Can I point out that Auto Import and Tethered shooting are two entirely different ways of having images in the Lt library.

Tethering does not use Auto Import.  (edit: unless you are using other third-party software!)

If you are tethering with Lightroom then the Import destination folder is set in the "Tether" dialog. (Not Auto Import)

Menu:  File > Tethered Capture > Start Tethered Capture.   and [Choose] the destination folder here.

ScreenShot174.jpg

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 26, 2017 Mar 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi and thank you ACP,

I agree with everything said.

I tried connecting my Sony A6000 directly to LR6 for tethered shooting but could not find a way to do it (camera stays in trying to connect screen forever and nothing happens), then after few you tube help videos it seemed that i need to download Sony Remote Camera Control (RCC) software which then it is used to connect the camera to PC. In RRC i am able to set the destination folder for photos to be shot(c:\users\ara\pictures\tethered) which is the same folder that i will choose in LR6  as you suggested ( File > Tethered Capture > Start Tethered Capture).  then the youtube instruction states that i need to enable Auto import in Menu, file.... and assign the folder address that i want it to be auto imported, which if i can access then i can set it to check above folder and import it to LR6 ( all being the same folder name). but when i try to access auto import i get the error message in my initial post.

It seems since i am not able to connect my A6000 directly to LR6  for tethered shooting, i had to download sony's RCC which works fine to transfer the shots to any desired folder in hard drive( folder does show in LR6 folders), but since i am not able to access/enable auto import function i can not see the shots in LR6 as i shoot until i go and initiate the tethered folder synchronization at which time i can see all shots, but it is sort of inefficient and definitely not fun or professional.

i am still hoping to find a way to either directly tether my A6000 to LR6, or if i have to use Sony's app to be able to work out the bug that does not allow me to set up Auto import setting.

thanks, ara

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ara,

You seem to be on the right track but still with problems.

Your camera is not supported by Lightroom for tethering, so using "Tether" in Lr is useless for you. A list of cameras that can be tethered to Lightroom

Using the Sony Remote Camera Control (RCC) software is the only method you can use. And Auto-Import to add images to Lr.

It is obvious that the Auto Import function is the big problem.

Have you upgraded to Lr 6.9 ?  A bug apparently existed in previous versions.

Some points I have learned with setting up Auto-Import- (after several attempts!)

1. The "Watched Folder" must be empty for Lr to see it.  So create a new folder (on the desktop? )

2. The "Destination Folder" can be any existing folder that is already visible in the Lr folder panel. It can have photos already in it.

3. When you have 1. and 2. sorted, then re-enter the Auto Import Settings and reset the options for these two folders. And check "Enable AutoImport" to ON.

4. Now set up the RCC to save the camera files to the "Watched Folder" that you set up.

As another 'user' I don't have any more advice that I can assist with, but I hope you get it working.

This method I use frequently for my scanner files which scan and save in the "Watched Folder" then immediately are transferred into the "Destination Folder" within Lr by the Auto-Import.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 27, 2017 Mar 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you wobertc,

For the steps in doing the auto import, my problem is in step 3 since I cannot access that future. I do have 6.9 update (now I am trying to see if the version of 6.9 that I have is the latest).

It appears that my problem is a known bug and it was only solved for some! People in 6.9 update, I was hoping it is a setting item that I might have missed .

It seems I either have to roll back to 6.7 version (apparently it works) or see if Adobe will come up with the solution soon in their next update!.

cheers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a lightroom 6.9 (updated 3/10/2017) 2007-2017 purchased version, using on Dell xps-13 (i7, 512 ssd,..) window 10x64, getting "unexpected error performing command ?:0: attempt to index a nil value" when trying to access "auto import setting" to set up for tethered shooting. 

Adobe tried to fix this bug in 6.9, but they've reported that the fix doesn't work for everyone. The only known workaround is to roll back to 6.7: Lightroom roll back to prior update version .  See the bug report in the official Adobe feedback forum for more details: Lightroom 2015.8: Cannot access Auto Import Settings from File menu | Photoshop Family Customer Comm...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank You John,

Do you know if there are different versions of 6.9 updates?, mine says 6.9 version , wanted to make sure I am not missing on a update version that might have resolved the problem.

Are you aware of any major problem in rolling back to 6.7 version.

cheers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you know if there are different versions of 6.9 updates?

There's only one 6.9 update.  A different version of LR will have a different version number.

Are you aware of any major problem in rolling back to 6.7 version.

The only issue (other than your time) is that you'll lose the bug fixes and camera/lens support added in 6.8 and 6.9

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thx

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 13, 2017 Apr 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Latest update corrected my error and now i am able to Auto import, hopefully it does the same for each one of you.

Thank you Adobe and hopefully

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 14, 2017 Apr 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi AraT,

Can you please confirm the Lightroom version you are on? 2015.10/6.10.

Thanks,

Mohit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 14, 2017 Apr 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Mohit,

I was/am on Window 10, previous version that was not working said 6.9 version , now after update is 6.10 and Auto Import works great. Cheers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines