Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CreateJS and more code snippets

Explorer ,
Mar 23, 2017 Mar 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

had a fantastic response on my first question so thought I'd try again.

I have had an introductory look at the createjs website and noted they had tutorials etc.

The code is is scripted to run in a HTML file. Is it just a matter of stripping some of the code at the beginning and end to make it appropriate for inclusion in Animate? If so are there guidelines as to what code would need to be stripped?

thanks for helping a newbie.

George.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Mar 23, 2017 Mar 23, 2017

You're only entitled to one fantastic answer per day, can you ask again tomorrow?

Just kidding...

Following the CreateJS tutorials is harder than you might think. The CreateJS team themselves don't use Animate, they are creating a library for all users, not just us. So, their examples have to include some lines of code that Animate would do for you. In the best case you could use their code and the lines that are not needed won't do any harm. In other cases it could cause confusing results.

If you

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're only entitled to one fantastic answer per day, can you ask again tomorrow?

Just kidding...

Following the CreateJS tutorials is harder than you might think. The CreateJS team themselves don't use Animate, they are creating a library for all users, not just us. So, their examples have to include some lines of code that Animate would do for you. In the best case you could use their code and the lines that are not needed won't do any harm. In other cases it could cause confusing results.

If you want to pick an example tutorial I can say which of the lines are ones you won't need to use.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Colin for the prompt and insightful reply,

I'll probably take you up on your offer.

Is there any other resource online or perhaps in book form that would more easily equip me for "javascript" in animate coding?

George.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are a number of books on Adobe Animate, but I'm not sure which of them covers HTML5 Canvas the most. I will ask a couple of the authors to pop by and give an opinion.

Here's an Amazon search:

Amazon.com: adobe animate cc 2017: Books

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

wonderful!

While I am waiting I'll post a question that I have been googling around for days.

thanks,

George.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm pretty familiar with a number of books on Animate CC. I wrote two, tech-edited one, and hope to see a fourth in print very soon.

Learn Adobe Animate CC for Interactive Media: Adobe Certified Associate Exam Preparation (authored text and videos)
Includes a series of projects focused on learning objectives for the ACA certification. Have some HTML5 Canvas - a little of everything - but not a ton of JavaScript. Includes 6 hours of video in addition to text.

Beginning Adobe Animate CC: Learn to Efficiently Create and Deploy Animated and Interactive Content (co-authored)

Focused on general program techniques with a 50/50 balance between AS3 and JS in later chapters. Probably the most JS out of any I've been involved in.

Adobe Animate CC Classroom in a Book (tech-edited and video voiceovers)

Covers a lot of platforms. HTML5 Canvas included - but not a lot of JS.

How to Cheat in Adobe Animate CC
I'm not sure how much JS is on here as I haven't read it yet. I'll see whether Myra Ferguson can pop on over to say a few words but from what I have seen and heard it sounds like a great book as well.

Hope that is somewhat helpful!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I asked Myra already, hopefully she'll drop by.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks Colin,

and the coding you gave me previously is already being implemented in interactive infographics for uni students so thanks again.

George.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Awesome

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 15, 2018 Mar 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also found your tutorials on lynda.com very helpful : )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 15, 2018 Mar 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you... more on the way

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Joseph,

yes that's helpful indeed. Is there any sort of preview of the type of JS scripts in the book you co-authored? Mainly interested in timeline control, using sounds and videos. I work as an educational multimedia designer so mostly providing content interactively.

The book by Myra does look interesting. Just wondering re the javascript content and release date.

thanks for your help,

George.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, there is audio and video with JS... we might have even gone a little overboard with the video code 😕

I will say that some of the stuff I've done for Lynda and Pluralsight probably have more JS than in any of the books I've ben involved with though - since these video courses can be more focused and books tend to be giant all-encompassing things.

The Animate CC blog has a number of JS articles on it as well:

Using HTML5 Canvas In Animate CC: JavaScript Basics | Creative Cloud blog by Adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

that's wonderful,

I have a Lynda subscription so how can I find the videos you are referring to?

and thanks for the blog link.

George.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 24, 2017 Mar 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My stuff is at http://lynda.com/josephlabrecque - thinking Interactive and Data-Driven courses.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 26, 2017 Mar 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Joseph,

the blog is really helpful in getting me started and the lynda.com videos will help me gain a little more expertise.

How awesome to have people like you Colin on board to help us with the learning curve.

regards,

George.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines