Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

My forum post was rejected for no reason

Explorer ,
Mar 26, 2017 Mar 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

I posted a question two days ago. As this has always been a go-to forum, except once, I trusted it. My post got rejected by a moderator. The moderator said that my question was similar to a previous post, or so, and requested that I edit it. Well, how would I edit it?

There was no direct assistance from the moderator just a direct rejection.

This forum is supposed to be a place where people seek help and offer help. Neither one of those took place in this instance. I would ask that either the rules or the moderator be reviewed.

If this is not done then remove me from the database as I do not want to be a part of this mess.

It's a shame that one bad apple has to spoil the whole bunch but I can no longer trust this forum.

Good luck All.

Gary

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Mar 30, 2017 Mar 30, 2017

Gary, we have noted your concern, and will do our best to improve the experience within the limitations of the current platform.

There are many things that we would like to see improved, and these changes have to be addressed by Jive developers. Rest assured, we do send all important feature requests their way for consideration.

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Mar 26, 2017 Mar 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As a Moderator of all of Adobe's forums, we get 400+ posts per day to accept/reject/modify. Fortunately, there are also many moderators to accomplish the task. This system means that one or two posts may be directed in the wrong direction and seemingly, yours was amongst one of them.

In defence of the Moderator who took the decision, the said post does contain links that could be construed as malicious/spam.

For those that are curious to view the post, see php dynamically graph equation

Wappler, the only real Dreamweaver alternative.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 27, 2017 Mar 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Ben Pleysier,

I have no clue what "one or two posts may be directed in the wrong direction" means. They should have stated that "links that could be construed as malicious/spam". This would have enabled me to 'correct' my post; instead it left me in the desert without water.

I am not a mind reader or a moderator.

I like rules to operate by but the rules need to be promulgated. So..., moderators are a good thing as long as they 'promulgate'. If they make decisions without properly informing the forum member, that is a bad thing. We all want this forum to be clean, crisp, helpful, and informative. The rejection that I received was not informative, just short. Had I known what to edit, I surely would have done so. There are many things to edit for; length, curse words, sexual, political, or religious content, non-related content, suspicious links, and on and on.

I did not know what to edit.

Gary

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Gary,

Apologize for the inconvenience. I will share it with the team so that they can better express their intentions in the future.

Meanwhile, welcome to the forums, and I hope that you find the solution to your issue with help from our experts.

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Gary,

I am the moderator who rejected your duplicate post to another Adobe forum that has received no activity since October 2016.   For all intents & purposes, it's a dead forum that should be closed to new postings.

Build and style a web page in Dreamweaver

I know your advanced PHP question had no prayer of getting answered over there.   And since you already had the exact same question posted here php dynamic graph array with equation  in Dreamweaver Support Forum, I made an administrative decision to reject your duplicate post to that other forum.

I'm very sorry if you were confused or offended by my actions.  The forum's automated system is not always as helpful as it could be.  But it's what we moderators have to work with.  I hope you understand that rejecting your duplicate post was not a personal reflection on you or the quality of your question.  It was merely an administrative decision to help avoid further confusion.

Cordially,

Nancy O'Shea

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the clarification, Nancy.

I will work with my colleague to make the sub forum Read-only. I see that the last question posted over there previous to this one was in 2016.

We will also be doing a much bigger overhaul this year, and removing all sub-forums that haven't received much traction in the previous six months.

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Preran  wrote

We will also be doing a much bigger overhaul this year, and removing all sub-forums that haven't received much traction in the previous six months.

For Dw that is just about every sub-forum.

Thank you Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I understand, Paula. I will publish the list of subforums we have under consideration here, and make them read-only for some time to factor in any objections before we unpublish them.

Sub forums are created for many reasons, including requests from other contributors. While some of our subforums have done extremely well, there are others that have had middling to low turnout. It isn't in the benefit of anyone to have a question posted on forums that have turned into desert islands.

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Preran​

In the Getting Started Forum, these highlighted sub-forums are Not Found. 

And I don't see much point in the others now.

Nancy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for calling these out, Nancy.  I am taking this up with my colleague that handles InDesign and Illustrator.

I am also checking to see if we need this forum at all.

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Preran... and All,

You seem to have somewhat of a handle on this situation; the other moderator seems not to.

Please allow me to clear the air. This is a great forum. As with any mechanized item(forum), it needs rules and standards applicable to both users AND moderators. The forum should post a short-list of them, a page of dos and don'ts, and require that all members check-off once a year on reading them. This would include no cussing, no off-topic thoughts, no copies(define copies), etc.

Earlier today I got a reply from the other moderator stating the reasons that my post was rejected. I wish these reasons would have been supplied days ago. Late but at least we are learning. I understand now why it was done and although I disagree will one of the reasons I would have acquiesced assuming that the moderator knows how to keep the information flowing smoothly.

I also don't know what sub-forums are. Might they be the explicit areas that we can post to? Maybe you can include terms like this in the once-a-year reading.

I hope both I and the forum can learn from this.

Gary

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Forum Resources

Getting Started on the Forums

Forum FAQs

Forum Guidelines and Tips

How to Get Involved and Help Others

Forum Success Guide- how to efficiently use the forums​

Read this one:

Community User Manual

landt5  wrote

Earlier today I got a reply from the other moderator stating the reasons that my post was rejected. I wish these reasons would have been supplied days ago.

In the Moderator's Comments, I noted the reasons which you may or may not have seen, I don't know.

Nancy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I read

You seem to have somewhat of a handle on this situation; the other moderator seems not to.

and

Earlier today I got a reply from the other moderator stating the reasons that my post was rejected.

Please let me explain.

When I saw your predicament, I went to the trouble of rectifying the situation, I picked up the rejected post and re-instated it. I did not state the reason for the initial rejection, because I did not know. I made an assumption that it could have been caused by the links, I was wrong in that assumption, I am sorry.

I have no clue what "one or two posts may be directed in the wrong direction" means.

There are 2 ways a post can go

• send for publication
  • reject publication

Sometimes the wrong button is accidentally be pressed and the system does not allow for an easy rectification.

I hope that this will clear the air between us.

Wappler, the only real Dreamweaver alternative.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Very Good.

Thank you,

Gary

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Ms. O'Shea; Moderator,

Thank you for this reply/post. This completes the explanation. I accept, mostly, all of your reasons. I just wish that you had explained how to edit my original post. I had no idea in what manner it needed to be edited.

I also can't easily navigate the site. I also don't know that there are dead forums there, I imagine they should be removed. I didn't even know which sub-forum I posted to. That was difficult too.

I now appreciate you trying to direct my post to a better sub-forum but I was not informed of this at the time.

In my post I did recognize the similarity of the two posts but the later post was different. This is what I referred to above as, "I accept, mostly".

I was not confused or offended but I was missing what was required to be edited. Well..., maybe not having editing direction could cause confusion.

I mostly agree with the post rejection and if I would have known why, I then would have reformulated the post.

I hope you can make changes to this system to avoid any possible confusion or offense in the future.

Two sides; What sub-forum would I post my question on? How can I locate this thread online?

Thank you for your extensive attention, along with the others. I would choose to remain a member.

Sincerely,

Gary

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 28, 2017 Mar 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

<I accept, mostly, all of your reasons. I just wish that you had explained how to edit my original post. I had no idea in what manner it needed to be edited.>

Nothing to edit really.   That's an auto generated notice from the JIVE forum software.   Adobe outsources this forum to JIVE.  We have no control over what it does.

Nancy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, but... that's not a good reason. We should know how and what to edit so to improve the forum.

Gary

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't disagree with you, Gary.   But I have no authority over how the forums work.

Dreamweaver is not best venue for this discussion.    Please post your concerns in Forum comments where they will be seen by the lead people who can get things changed.  

Nancy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 30, 2017 Mar 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Gary, we have noted your concern, and will do our best to improve the experience within the limitations of the current platform.

There are many things that we would like to see improved, and these changes have to be addressed by Jive developers. Rest assured, we do send all important feature requests their way for consideration.

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines