• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom making mask with the current adjustment?

New Here ,
Mar 26, 2017 Mar 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I am really new to lightroom.

My question is

1) I make adjustment to the image itself first. Lets say I adjusted (exposure, contrast, saturation and so on)
2) when I make the mask, values starts from the scratch, so I have to readjust (exposure,contrast and saturation).
     Instead, when I make the mask I want the mask to retain the adjustments I did to the image, then recalibrate from there.

I hope you understand my question though...

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Enthusiast , Mar 26, 2017 Mar 26, 2017

Assuming you mean local adjustments.  When all the sliders are centered the adjustment should have no effect. After adjustment, only the area covered by the local adjustment will change. This is by design. The remainder of the image will retain all your basic adjustments. I suspect you need to play with it more or go through a tutorial to see how it should work. Then if you dont get similar results perhaps there's some weird problem. But I doubt it.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What do you mean with 'mask'?

LR does not have masks as you may know it from PS.

--- Got your issue resolved? Please label the response as 'Correct Answer' to help your fellow community members find a solution to similar problems. ---

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Assuming you mean local adjustments.  When all the sliders are centered the adjustment should have no effect. After adjustment, only the area covered by the local adjustment will change. This is by design. The remainder of the image will retain all your basic adjustments. I suspect you need to play with it more or go through a tutorial to see how it should work. Then if you dont get similar results perhaps there's some weird problem. But I doubt it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines