• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Automatic populating of location metadata from GPS coordinates - not happening in Lightroom

Explorer ,
Mar 26, 2017 Mar 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When using Lightroom the location metadata fields are not being populated at file import. The GPS coordinates are present and the computer is connected to the Internet. This issue has been consistent and persistent for several days now. Previously with dozens of imports this has not been a problem. I am not aware of having made any changes to affect the file imports. Any suggestions please on what might be causing this and how I could go about rectifying it?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Mar 26, 2017 Mar 26, 2017

In addition to what Geoff has suggested, look in Catalog Settings > Metadata and verify that "Look up city, state and country of GPS coordinates" is checked.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please provide some information:
Lightroom version

OS

File Type

Where are you importing from and to

Any messages

Provide any helpful screen shots - picture speak!!

Can you upload a file or two to Dropbox or another file sharing service that others could check

Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 28, 2017 Mar 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your response. I am travelling and had not had an opportunity to follow up until now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In addition to what Geoff has suggested, look in Catalog Settings > Metadata and verify that "Look up city, state and country of GPS coordinates" is checked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 28, 2017 Mar 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you. That's fixed it. This is the first time that I have experienced a version update turning this setting off.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines