Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Drop Shadow Overprint Outer Glow

Community Expert ,
Mar 26, 2017 Mar 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am trying to use two effects on an object, a coloured outer glow and a black drop shadow.

I want the drop shadow to appear over the top of the outer glow (i.e. control the stacking priority) as I want to match as close as possible effects I have previously placed in Photoshop.

I can only get the outer glow to appear over the drop shadow though, thus 'killing it'.

I can attach screen grabs if it helps but imagine someone will know what I mean!

Many Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 26, 2017 Mar 26, 2017

Try setting the Blending Mode of the outer glow to something that will overprint—Multiply, Overlay, Soft Light etc.

The default Screen on the left, Overlay on the right

Screen Shot 2017-03-26 at 9.24.28 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Mar 26, 2017 Mar 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try setting the Blending Mode of the outer glow to something that will overprint—Multiply, Overlay, Soft Light etc.

The default Screen on the left, Overlay on the right

Screen Shot 2017-03-26 at 9.24.28 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 27, 2017 Mar 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was able to get the drop shadow on top of other effects by applying a glow on Object level, while drop shadow on the Fill level. Make sure the object has a Fill color

split-effects.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 27, 2017 Mar 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank You very much for the replies.....

I will look into it with my files and feedback!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 05, 2017 Apr 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sorry for the delay, been so busy!

Also apologies both, I didn't fully explain, the Outer Glow has to be on Blending Mode 'Normal' as it is sitting over another image.

Zaid, I have tried to apply the shadow to the Fill but have had no luck, I am probably doing something wrong.

I have attached a screengrab.

The word 'hello' is text and the 'Icon' is a Bitmap Tif (which I am mostly using), coloured up as White in Swatches.

I cannot get the Drop Shadow to overprint the Outer Glow on both.

Many Thanks!

effects.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines