Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problems export roto tool

Community Beginner ,
Mar 23, 2017 Mar 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hej!

So I'm trying to cut out the background of a video and replacing it with a green solid.

So I cut out the people with the roto tool, amazing discovery haha. Everything is looking good and well until i export the video.
This happens (see picture below). Does somebody know what I'm doing wrong?

IMG_-q4igbi.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Mar 27, 2017 Mar 27, 2017

I solved it. The render tripped because I cut out the space from the arms.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'll take a wild guess and say that you just started using the Rotobrush tool once you found it, and that you didn't look at any of the Rotobrush training material.

How close is that to the truth?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why are you adding a green background? If you are going to key out the green later you are wasting your time.

Without a a screenshot of the whole app with the modified properties of the layers that are giving you problems revealed it's nearly impossible for us to figure out what is going on, Select the layers, press the U key twice and print screen and paste to the reply field on this forum or Shift + Cmnd/Ctrl + 3 on a Mac then drag it from the desktop. Maybe we can help you find the user error in your project.

The only guess I have is that you don't know how to use Rotobrush.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 24, 2017 Mar 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, thats a really good question why I'm adding a green solid. I could have placed the image I wanted to use immediantly behind them. And ineed this is the first time I'm using the roto brush. Don't know if it's this you want to see. A lot of strokes changes.
Sorry, but I'm new to after effects so I hope you can stay patient with me while trying to help me. Premiere pro is my cup of tea.

Really aprriciate you all replied and want to help me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well yes, that is kinda how it went. Saw a video of someone using the roto brush while looking for something to key away the background and did what they did in the video. Except when I render it I get errors and what you see in the picture.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have to concur with Dave - it might be a good idea to actualyl read the help and watch some basic tutorials. You don't know what you are doing.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 27, 2017 Mar 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I solved it. The render tripped because I cut out the space from the arms.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines