• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Live Text Templates - Formatting issues when editing text field in Premiere Pro

Participant ,
Mar 27, 2017 Mar 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I love the idea of editable text layers and using the After Effects project as a Template. So handy for a lot of stuff we do however I have found an issue and not sure if it's something I am doing or something that others are experiencing also.

I have the latest versions of both After Effects and Premiere Pro CC.

I create a After Effects Lower Third and then using Media Browser in Premiere Pro, import this After Effects comp into my project in Premiere.  I add to my timeline and then click on Effect Controls and select the Master Tab in order to see the editable text fields and begin making changes.  The problem is though however, when I change one of the fields text entries the way the text is formatted completely changes and I lose the look of the lower third completely.  I just can't work out why this is happening?

Does anyone have any ideas how to resolve or has anyone experienced issues like this?  I'd be really appreciative for any views or ideas.

Many thanks.

Alex

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Without any proper system info, screenshots and other critical stuff such as what fonts and formatting options are used nobody can tell you much. This simply sounds like someone went trigger-happy on setting manual kerning using the font palette or similar, which of course will break down as soon as you change the text string.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Without workflow details and screenshots it's really hard to know what is going wrong. You can select the problem layers in your AE comp timeline, press the u key twice to reveal all modified properties and then print screen and paste to the reply field on this forum. If you are on a mac you use Shift + Ctrl/Cmnd + 3 and drag the screenshot from the desktop to the reply field on the forum.

Screenshots + a detailed workflow description will help us help you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 16, 2017 May 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hey Alex,

Did you solve your issue with Live Text Templates? We have Motion Graphics templates now, are you using those instead? Anything we can do to assist this case?

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines