Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Text formatting resets on blur

Community Beginner ,
Mar 26, 2017 Mar 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I'm fairly new to Experience Design and so far I like it. The only problem I have so far is that I can't format the text I'm adding. I'm selecting the text, changing it to bold and I can see that the text goes bold, but whenever I deselect the text and start working on something else it resets to normal font. This does not apply to font-family or font-size which works well, just bold and italic.

I'm using Windows 10 and I'm thinking I might be alone in a Mac world to do so and that it is a bug, but it might be that I'm doing something wrong too. Am I missing something?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 26, 2017 Mar 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually, I just kept on trying and found something really weird here. I'm using the font Segoe UI (the default font) and bold and italic won't work. What will work is 'Light Italic' and 'Black' instead of just Italic and Bold. Also semi-bold seems to work...

If anyone could explain why this is I'd be so very happy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 27, 2017 Mar 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Can you provide a bit more detail please?

Like what XD version are you using?

Were you using a simple text object or a text-area object?

Could you please provide a gif of the said-issue?

Thanks,

Remzi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Remzi

I'm using version 0.6.16.7 Beta on Windows 10.

I'm using the text object and all I'm trying to do is change the text to bold. It stays bold when I have the text selected but immediately when I select something else (and blur the text) it goes back to regular font. This does not, as I write, happen with Black or Semibold.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Magnus,

Just to be clear:

you create a simple text object

you set its weight to Bold from the drop down menu

you then set the text object to have background blur

You de-select everything and it goes back to Regular?

i attached the gif with the steps i took in trying to reproduce your issue.

Please correct me if there's any difference between what i did and what your actual steps were...

textBoldSample.gif

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello

No, I just create the text, select it, set it to bold and then click outside of it (so it blurs, not a function in XD called blur). I've created a gif of the whole thing:

xd-no-bold.gif

So once I click outside of the text it goes back.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines