Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

full motion captivate web preview screen goes red

New Here ,
Aug 11, 2008 Aug 11, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,
When I attempt to preview a full motion recording (approx. 11 1/2 minutes) 30 swf slides...in the web browser or via just viewing the project itself....the screen goes 'red' about 3/4 of the way thru...the audio portion continues to run OK......any thoughts anyone?
TOPICS
Recording

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 11, 2008 Aug 11, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Welcome to our community

Should we call you Mark or God5?

This is a known issue. It happens with Full Motion clips. Basically what you are seeing is resource depletion on the PC. As each clip loads, the previous clip remains.

Virtual memory exhausts itself and well, you just see red.

The bottom line is that Captivate was never designed to be a full motion capture tool. It has made strides in that area, but there is still room for improvement.

And for what it's worth, I saw a similar post over in the Camtasia Studio forums a few days back. So it isn't limited to Captivate.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 04, 2008 Sep 04, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Greetings,
My captivate exe output screen goes red (and then stays red for subsequent slides) when changing from slide 205 to slide 206 (of 296) neither of which contains video. The output is 1024x768 pixels, and there are some bits of video on other slides.

Is there any known workaround somebody?! (I'm using Captivate 2, is this 'feature' fixed in 3??)

(Playing the corresponding swf output file also displays red, and then crashes IE, so that's no good. Oh, and a Button on slide 4 refuses to display on top and thus remains hidden - if that's a sign of impending failure!)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 04, 2008 Sep 04, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Welcome to our community, Mark

As you have appended your question into an existing thread, are we to assume you have actually read through the thread? If so, you should know why this is happening.

You say that the slides in question contain no video. However, I'm thinking that maybe you are confused. Normally the issue occurs when you have created the project using "Full Motion" mode. And that means video. (I thought perhaps you may be considering only .FLV to be "video".)

You have another issue at play here and that's the overall size (in number of slides) of your project. At 1024x768, it's really (IMNSHO) too large physically as well as being too long by virtue of number of slides. Normally I recommend 50-65 slides as a very broad and general upper limit for a Captivate movie.

I don't believe there is anything in Captivate 3 that addresses the issue of the RSOD. Then again, I never claim to know all there is to know about anything and I learn new things every day!

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources