• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

On import CR2 look changes

New Here ,
Mar 27, 2017 Mar 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I shoot with a flat profile for my still and on import Adobe Lightroom changes the look of my photo. Adds much more contrast than what the original looks like when shot. Is there a way to change this?

See the before and after photos.

Thanks,
Brian Screen Shot 2017-03-27 at 10.25.55 AM.png

Screen Shot 2017-03-27 at 10.25.58 AM.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Mar 27, 2017 Mar 27, 2017

It doesn't matter what profile you use to take the image. With Lightroom, there are default settings that are applied  every time you import new images. If you want a flat profile look then you need to modify a newly imported image so that it looks the way you want it to look on import. Then create new camera defaults using those settings.

Lightroom does not read camera-selected profiles. You can choose from different profiles in the Calibration  section.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure what actions have taken place between your before and after pictures here, but my first suspicion is to double-check the film profile being applied under Camera Calibration to see if that might be causing the discrepancy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It doesn't matter what profile you use to take the image. With Lightroom, there are default settings that are applied  every time you import new images. If you want a flat profile look then you need to modify a newly imported image so that it looks the way you want it to look on import. Then create new camera defaults using those settings.

Lightroom does not read camera-selected profiles. You can choose from different profiles in the Calibration  section.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I see, I didn't know this. Thanks for the heads up. I'll try and create a camera default that matches.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines