• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Nest style only works when typing

Community Beginner ,
Mar 27, 2017 Mar 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't get Next Style feature to work. It only works if I type everything in manually. But for placeholder text or placed in text. I don't know about you guys, but I NEVER use InDesign as a text editor. How can I get it to work with text and NOT typing?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 27, 2017 Mar 27, 2017

To use Next Style you need to set up each of your paragraphs to call out the next style.

Then select the range of text you want to format, then point at the first paragraph style you want to apply (shown below). Then choose Apply style name Then Next Style from the contextual menu. (In the example, the first paragraph uses the "Headline" style.)

NextStyle_Before.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To use Next Style you need to set up each of your paragraphs to call out the next style.

Then select the range of text you want to format, then point at the first paragraph style you want to apply (shown below). Then choose Apply style name Then Next Style from the contextual menu. (In the example, the first paragraph uses the "Headline" style.)

NextStyle_Before.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Maybe you have some Character Style in the text. Try select all text an Clean Overrides (see image).

Then you try to apply Paragraph Styles.

Captura de Tela 2017-03-27 às 17.10.32.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines