• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop Crashes

New Here ,
Mar 26, 2017 Mar 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just bought Photoshop (used to have the trial version that worked fine). 

When I start it.  It goes through the load up screen and when the actual program opens I just get this message.

Capture.JPG

I've tried uninstalling then reinstalling with no effect.  My computer had no problem running the trial version or any other graphics program.  Lightroom CC works just fine.  Any suggestions?  Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 26, 2017 Mar 26, 2017

Hi

The fault module is shown as LavasoftTcPService.dll. You need to uninstall the Lavasoft software that is causing the issue. Look for Web-Companion or Adaware. If you have neither installed then see link below for more information

Photoshop crashes with Lavasoft Chrome extension installed

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Go to the Windows reliability monitor (type reliability into the Windows search box). It will show you a timeline. Look for a red cross at the time Photoshop stopped working. Click on it and in the list that comes up look for a critical event for Photoshop. Click on that event and you will get a crash report.

Paste it here .

Note : If the report shows the faulting module is Lavasoft then uninstall Web-Companion/Adaware which is known to have a conflict with Photoshop

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Capture.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

The fault module is shown as LavasoftTcPService.dll. You need to uninstall the Lavasoft software that is causing the issue. Look for Web-Companion or Adaware. If you have neither installed then see link below for more information

Photoshop crashes with Lavasoft Chrome extension installed

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you getting rid of Lavasoft worked!  However, new problem.  Any idea why I can't open .jpg files?

Capture.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A couple of questions :

1. Is this for all jpg files or just some ?

There is an issue being investigated with jpeg files from Instagram (see below)

Photoshop CC 2017: Could not complete your request because of a problem parsing the jpeg data (Insta...

2. Do you get the same when using File -Open and selecting the file as when drag and dropping into Photoshop or right clicking on the image and using Open With?

3. Can you see those files and open them via Bridge  2017?

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 27, 2017 Mar 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

1.  Any .jpg file that I imported from my phone (not Instagram) doesn't open.

2.  Yes I've tried drag & drop and right click open.

3.  Yes I can see and open the file in Bridge 2017.

Very weird.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines