• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

2015.9 Release Camera Raw 9.9 - Cannot Import from Nikon D750

Community Beginner ,
Mar 26, 2017 Mar 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I believe this problem started after updating to Lightroom CC 2015.9 Release Camera Raw 9.9.  I can no(can't, won't, not working, not importing) longer import photos and video from either of my 2 Nikon D750s.  I can see the photos and video using Windows 7 Explorer, and copy them manually to my hard drive, but I would prefer that Lightroom work like it use to.  In the bottom, left of the import window the progress wheel/hourglass icon spins away like it's working, but there's no activity(green LED flashing) happening on the cameras, like there use to be, and no preview images are generated.

Is anyone else having this problem?

is there a solution?

Thank You,

Ben

LightroomCCWillNotImportFromNikonD750.JPG

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a valid folder selected under Destination?

Is the connection to the drive correct (cable working properly, ends of the cable seated in the ports)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes the cable is working. Again, I was able to copy the photos and video using Explorer. There's something wrong in Lightroom. 

Yes, I have permission to the destination folder.

Lightroom is not showing the photos and video on the camera. It eventually says "no photos found".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is the Videos that LR is choking on. Copy/move the videos off the card before you import into LR and also put the videos in a different folder than the still images.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, actually it's not video, it's a problem in Lightroom. I said photos and video generally speaking. I don't have any video on the camera at the moment.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And do you have a valid Destination folder selected?

I suggest you buy a card reader.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just Shoot Me, Thanks for trying to help, but you don't seem to get it. This is a process that was working before, and now it doesn't. I prefer to have it work the way it is suppose to work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

benscan  wrote

Just Shoot Me, Thanks for trying to help, but you don't seem to get it. This is a process that was working before, and now it doesn't. I prefer to have it work the way it is suppose to work.

I think you're the one that doesn't get it. Hardware can malfunction, even if it was working fine before.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This thread is starting to feel like a conversation with a telephone company.

As stated in the opening post, and again in a previous reply, the hardware works fine using Explorer to copy the files.

I have rebooted twice.

If it's a hardware problem, why isn't it a problem in Explorer?

If it's an OS problem, why is it a problem for Lightroom?

I am well aware of the suggestions to buy and use a card reader. In fact, my computer has one built in. That's not the point of my original post. I asked if anyone else has had the problem I described and if there was a solution. I suppose I should have said, "a solution that does not include a card reader, and makes Lightroom work like it did previously with the same hardware it was working with before".

I'm tired of people repeating useless information that is not relevant to my original post. People adding a bunch of useless suggestions isn't doing anything to add to the solution, and I'd appreciate only relevant suggestions that haven't already been posted.

If anyone from Adobe monitors these forums, can you please offer some official help, other than "use a card reader"?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are not many adobe people on this forum. There are more Adobe people on http://feedback.photoshop.com if you think you stumbled upon a real bug. That said, this works fine for me (directly connecting to a Nikon camera and downloading) but my hardware is different (Mac vs a Windows machine) so that's not very useful to you I guess. I will readily tell you that importing directly from a camera in Lightroom is quite flaky and very dependent on the specific hardware, OS, driver setup and more. Lots of people here have problems very similar to yours. Lots of times the solution was another cable, another USB port, not using a USB hub in between, installing the right driver for your camera, etc. but in many cases they were not able to solve the issue. There are so many variables that it is hard to pin this down. This has always been very flaky across the many versions of Lightroom, which is why I don't bother with it and just use a card reader. Should it work better? Definitely!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One suggestion,

At the Lightroom Forum site, Luis had a similar problem and corrected it himself- read his answer at:

https://www.lightroomforums.net/threads/lr-doesnt-allow-me-to-import-pictures-anymore.30675/

And, in your screen-clip- I do not see the sub-folders expanded under D750 in the source panel. I would expect to see DCIM, and another folder below [D750]

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 27, 2017 Mar 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks, but those steps did not work for me. For some reason, Lightroom is not seeing past the D750 level, and that, I believe is the root of the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes as stated above. Select a valid Destination for the images to be copied to. By valid we mean a drive and folder that your user name has both read and Write permissions to.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you rebooted your machine in the mean time. This looks more like an OS problem. Also, I advice very strongly against importing by plugging in your camera. Get a USB 3 card reader (they're typically $10 or so) and you'll get far faster import (the camera directly is only USB 2 so slower than most cards can transfer) and more reliable connections. Cameras are quite flaky in their connection and they usually need specific drivers in the OS and are not just a standard Mass storage device.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines