• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Dangle without warping

New Here ,
Mar 25, 2017 Mar 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Short question that might be simple but I couldn't figure it out: I have a character with a sword on his back, and I want that sword to dangle when the character moves from the point where it is attached to the back of the character (which is somewhere above the middle of the sword). Obviously I don't want the sword to warp in any kind of way.

I tried adding lots of dangle points and sticks to the sword and adjusting the dangle settings, which brought me very close to what I want, but the big thing is that my character is already that complicated which causes my actual FPS to be 0,5.

Is there an easy way to do it?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 27, 2017 Mar 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using a stick (and playing around with Spring Stiffness) is the closest thing to use right now to restrict some bending, but the Dangle in Beta 5 will still do a little bit of bending around the origin of the group. The upcoming version allows the attach style to be set to Hinge to give more of a swing instead of a bend around the origin. Usually you can just get away a single stick with the Dangle handle at one end and the origin at the other.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. When does the new version come?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

No announcement yet, but stay tuned.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines