• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I cannot hyphenate Georgian text

New Here ,
Mar 27, 2017 Mar 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried many things, but cannot hyphenate Georgian text in indesign. I used both Georgian keyboard and Georgian fonts. 'Hyphenate' is on and chose [no language] in the language bar at the right side. should I download something or what should I do?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 27, 2017 Mar 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hyphenation is tied to the language dictionary. Setting the language to [no language] is the problem. You need to set the language to the one you are actually using.

InDesign CCss_014.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 28, 2017 Mar 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

And it is important that you set up the correct dictionary in InDesign’s preferences.

Sometimes, like in German, you can choose between different types. In my experience, in German does Hunspell not work or not work as it should do, but with proximity, I get good results. Test all available dictionaries for best results.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines