• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't paste into Filename Template Editor

New Here ,
Mar 27, 2017 Mar 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to paste text, copied from Finder into the Filename Editor (when exporting files), but it doesn't work. This seems like a defect to me.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Mar 28, 2017 Mar 28, 2017

I verified that the copied text is in my copy/paste buffer.

In the screenshot I included I'm trying to paste the text between the 2 dashes - so I have:

[Date (YYYY)] - [Date (MM)] - [Date (DD)] - <trying to paste here> - [Filename number suffix]

I just found that if I paste directly after the Date (DD) block - before the space it works! Thanks everyone for the help, I wouldn't have figured that out on my own.

[Date (YYYY)] - [Date (MM)] - [Date (DD)]<pasting here works!> -  - [Filename number suffix

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 27, 2017 Mar 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi ddbailie,

I tried reproducing this issue, but could not replicate it. I was able to copy text to filename using both CMD+v and 'Paste' option in right click context menu. 

Can you check if the text is copied in the clipboard by trying to paste it in a text editor?

Thanks

Sartish

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 28, 2017 Mar 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I verified that the copied text is in my copy/paste buffer.

In the screenshot I included I'm trying to paste the text between the 2 dashes - so I have:

[Date (YYYY)] - [Date (MM)] - [Date (DD)] - <trying to paste here> - [Filename number suffix]

I just found that if I paste directly after the Date (DD) block - before the space it works! Thanks everyone for the help, I wouldn't have figured that out on my own.

[Date (YYYY)] - [Date (MM)] - [Date (DD)]<pasting here works!> -  - [Filename number suffix]

This still looks like a bug, but admittedly an edge case.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where are you trying to paste it to?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've had no issue pasting into the box either. You've definitely got the test box selected?

Custom Text gets added after the template has been created if you're trying to use something with that.

Sean McCormack. Author of 'Essential Development 3'. Magazine Writer. Former Official Fuji X-Photographer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines