• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

LR 5.7 upgrade to LR 6 question

New Here ,
Mar 26, 2017 Mar 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm running LR 5.7 on an MBP running OS 10.9.5.  I am planning to upgrade the OS to 10.12.3 and LR to LR 6.  What I'm wondering is whether there's a specific order in which I need to do this to preserve the status of all the photos currently in LR.  I'd probably do the OS upgrade first and then the LR upgrade, but I'm concerned that there's a possibility that LR 5.7 won't like something about 10.12 and bad things will happen.  Thanks for any responses.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 26, 2017 Mar 26, 2017

LR 5.7.1 should run with 10.12. With 10.9.5 you would be able to update to 6.6.1 only.

System requirements for Photoshop Lightroom for Mac and Windows OS

You can download from here: Download Photoshop Lightroom

LR6 will copy your current LR5 catalog and then upgrade the copy.

... and as always before upgrading OS and applications ... backup everything, specially the catalog since this is where your work is.

Some related reading: https://www.lightroomqueen.com/how-move-lightroom-to-new-computer/

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Mar 26, 2017 Mar 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LR 5.7.1 should run with 10.12. With 10.9.5 you would be able to update to 6.6.1 only.

System requirements for Photoshop Lightroom for Mac and Windows OS

You can download from here: Download Photoshop Lightroom

LR6 will copy your current LR5 catalog and then upgrade the copy.

... and as always before upgrading OS and applications ... backup everything, specially the catalog since this is where your work is.

Some related reading: https://www.lightroomqueen.com/how-move-lightroom-to-new-computer/

--- Got your issue resolved? Please label the response as 'Correct Answer' to help your fellow community members find a solution to similar problems. ---

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 27, 2017 Mar 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks.  From your answer it seems that the order won't matter.  I'm planning to do the OS first.  I can then check that the library is OK under 10.12.x and LR 5.7, and then upgrade to LR 6.  My LR says it's 5.7 everywhere I look--not 5.7.1--and Check for Updates says that it's up to date...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 27, 2017 Mar 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sounds like a plan

--- Got your issue resolved? Please label the response as 'Correct Answer' to help your fellow community members find a solution to similar problems. ---

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines