• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Replace euro caracters automatically? Specifiying in the presets?

New Here ,
Mar 21, 2017 Mar 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it possible to automatically replace all the euro characters that are not present in the respective fonts with a different font? (For example: Euro Monospace)
Can this be specified in the presets? I don`t want to do it via "search / replace".

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 21, 2017 Mar 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried it with a nested style?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 22, 2017 Mar 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your answer BobLevine.

Do you know another solution, because the nested styles are saved in documents/templates.

Do you think there is a way to do this in the presets? As far as i tried it, Quark does this automatically.

It would be a great relief to be able to determine in the basic settings. Only for the fonts, which have not integrated the Euro symbol.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

You can think of a startup script that would always do change you euro sign attribute on the fly.

Download script here

HTH

Loic

Ozalto | Productivity Oriented - Loïc Aigon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Loic.Aigon!

I tried the script an it would be a solution! But now every euro sign will be replaced.
Even the fonts, who have an integrated euro sign in their character collection.

Are there functions for the script, that the available euro signs will not be replaced?

Thanks for your Help!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A script can be customized endlessly so we could tweak it in order to only do replacement when a specific font is used.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can the script not be based on missing characters? For example, the glyph name: EUROSIGN or the CodePoint: U20AC?
To automatically replace all missing glyphs with the EUROSIGN of the Euro Monospace font.
I`m sorry, im not really good at javascripting.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just not sure to understand the scenario here 😕

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 23, 2017 Mar 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's certainly possible I don't fully understand the problem, but it sounds like you want to use a font that doesn't include the Euro symbol for text that contains instances of the Euro symbol.

If it's that simple, I would set this up as a GREP style. Make a paragraph style that includes a GREP style which finds all Euro symbols and applies a character style to assign a font that includes the symbol. A basic test here suggests it works:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 28, 2017 Mar 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for your effort. I now have a startup script for InDesign. Any missing Euro signs will be automatically replaced in the Euro Monopsace font. You can enter the fonts for which a Euro symbol is to be placed in Euro Monospace. When required I can make it available. Best regards!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines