Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problem in Ranges

Explorer ,
Mar 28, 2017 Mar 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Colleagues

I trying to create an Arabic EPUB file and actually everything is good so far, except some cases in text

when there are some numbers IN RANGE and : or - between them like (2000 : 1982) and (985 - 600)

when I convert the range to RTL in Arabic by character styles it remains LTR in the EPUB file,

I discovered solution to convert the direction by copy and paste the numbers it will appears fine in EPUB  but it will be efferent if one of these ranges not numbers

like this (2000 - NGV2)

any one can help me please

TOPICS
EPUB

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Marhaba Mahmoud,

I couldn't replicate the problem you're facing. Can you share your Character and Paragraph panel settings including Character Direction and all that.

Screen Shot 2017-03-28 at 4.34.14 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Mr Zaid 

for reply I will try to make it clear by this example, check this screenshot from my numbered style

in indesign it correctly appear and when I export it, it returns to LTR order

Capture1.JPG

Capture2.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well I was hoping to see your InDeign settings and EPUB export settings to understand where the change is happening. I did quite few experiments now, and the results were all satisfactory on both Adobe Digital Edition as well as on iBooks.

Now, is this ٣ - ١ is a Numbered list or a plain text that you typed manually? If it was a numbered list, would you then try to convert it to text on the export to EPUB window as below…

Screen Shot 2017-03-29 at 10.18.38 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 29, 2017 Mar 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

at first this list was manual, then I made it automatic in the style and and applied the export option as you mentioned "convert to text" I got this

1.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 05, 2017 Apr 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ok guys, I want to tell you about the updates in this case

I discovered that this problem because of the EPUB reader, at ADE it goes wrong as the screenshot, but when I checked it on Readium everything is fine

so when you export your EPUB you will need to check your results on a lot of readers to be ensure the result

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines