• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Elements 14 Render Time With NewBlue Cartoonr Plus

New Here ,
Mar 28, 2017 Mar 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm rendering a gameplay video that has both the gameplay and a webcam video. I applied the NewBlue Cartoonr Plus effect to the webcam video and my render/save time is absolutely huge. It's a 43 min video and I would normally expect a 1.5-2 hr render time, right now my video is rendering/saving and is at 2% with 6 hours left to go!!!!! Does the cartoon effect really bog everything down this much? Is there a setting or option within element or the effect that will reduce my render time?

Thanks,

Joe

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Depending on the computer you have, its CPU, the speed of your drives and the amount of memory installed, rendering can take a very long time.  Adding extra work in the way of adjustments, effects and multiple source types add a lot of work for the computer to do. 

Welcome to the group that starts the output render, goes to bed for the night and gets up early to check the results.  The only solution is to spend A LOT of money on high end video workstations.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

whsprague  wrote

Welcome to the group that starts the output render, goes to bed for the night and gets up early to check the results.  The only solution is to spend A LOT of money on high end video workstations.

LOL Thanks, glad to be a part of it.

It is definitely my cpu that is bottlenecking the process. I did some quick experiments and it is definitely the cartoonr effect that is doing it. I adjusted some of the settings and got my render time down to 4.5hrs. I guess that is as good as it will get without major hardware upgrades.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines