• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

No previews on import

New Here ,
Mar 27, 2017 Mar 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I loaded a folder of NEF files onto my iMac 27" machine running OS 10.10.5.  But, I can't get Lightroom to view the previews.  This only happening with this one folder.  I'm getting previews with all my other folders/files.  There is nothing that I have changed on my camera or Lightroom preferences.  Any ideas as to what is wrong?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 29, 2017 Mar 29, 2017

Can you upload a file via Dropbox or another file share for someone else to look at??

Have you checked the Permissions on that folder??? They can get screwed up.... Make sure that Read and Write is available for you and Apply to Enclosed....

Screen Shot 2017-03-29 at 2.40.31 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 27, 2017 Mar 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi rodlightning,

Is your Lightroom updated to the latest version 6.9/2015.9? If yes, then calibrate the monitor profile back to default and check.

Also, Is your Nikon camera supported with Lightroom. refer: A list of cameras that can be tethered to Lightroom

Thanks,

Mohit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 28, 2017 Mar 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My Lightroom is Camera Raw 9.4/2015.4.  My Nikon is a D750.  Other images from this camera have been loaded with no problem.  First they are imported to my computer via Nikon Transfer.  And, then I'll select this file in Lightroom and get my previews.  Only this time it didn't work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does it make a difference that I loaded the files onto a portable hard drive?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No it doesn't make any difference....

First I would stop using Nikon Transfer and use either Lightroom or the Mac Image Capture app (which I use).

Can you put a screen shot of what you are seeing please??

Also ignore the suggestion about monitor calibration above... it is well meaning but misguided in this case I am sure...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen Shot 2017-03-28 at 10.56.07 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you copy the files to your Mac HD can you import from there?? Do the other folders under Nikon Transfer show the same??
How long have you had Nikon Transfer?? Old versions can corrupt new camera files...

If you import by copy and paste from the card to the disk can you then import??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I copied the files to the Mac HD.  Same result.  Previous transfers show up in Preview.  It appears to be just this transfer.  Mind you, I can see these images in Nikon Transfer [latest version-2.10.3].  So, I know they are there.  Unfortunately, the images have been erased from the card so no going back to that.  Any other ideas?  I am going to shoot some pix and try this again.  I don't know what you mean by "copy and paste by the card".  How might I do that?  I mean, don't I have to get the pictures into the computer before I can do that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, please note that I can see the pictures in Bridge.  Regardless, thanks for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nikon Transfer and Bridge use the embedded jpeg previews…

Try opening one on the files in Photoshop.

How are you importing? With card reader or from camera plugged in?? It is best practise to use a high quality card reader just as your camera is high quality!!

However try using Image Capture from your apps or when the DCIM folder is visible on the card or camera on your Mac copy and paste that where you want to try.

It sure sounds like Nikon Transfer issues… lets take that out of the picture for now

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No problem opening an image from this folder in Photoshop.  I have been using a direct connection from the camera into the computer.  I thought that would be the best way, as the readers I have seen are pretty cheap.  I'll look into a high quality card reader.  Recommendations are welcome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 29, 2017 Mar 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Can you upload a file via Dropbox or another file share for someone else to look at??

Have you checked the Permissions on that folder??? They can get screwed up.... Make sure that Read and Write is available for you and Apply to Enclosed....

Screen Shot 2017-03-29 at 2.40.31 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why should I stop using Nikon Transfer?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines