• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Color tones in PS warmer than when saved. HELP!

New Here ,
Mar 28, 2017 Mar 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone. I am having a frustrating issue with my tones in PS being warmer than when I save/export them. Please see attached for example.

Screen Shot 2017-03-28 at 8.57.15 AM.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 28, 2017 Mar 28, 2017

I don't think Chrome is properly color managed, at least unless you specifically tell it to be (but I don't use it and don't know where those settings are).

Since you're on Mac OS - why don't you use Safari? The only other browser I personally recommend is Firefox. It has the best color management of all browsers, in all scenarios, but even there you have to go in and tweak one particular setting to be fully covered.

In any case, to be sure, always save files destined for web with the sRGB profile

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moving to Photoshop General Discussion​

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What web browser are you using? If it isn't color managed, it will never match Photoshop. In that case Photoshop is right and the browser wrong.

It could also be a broken display profile, which may affect different applications differently. The black overlay at the bottom of the browser window looks very bluish, so that suggests the problem is there.

Are you using a standard (not wide gamut) display? If you are, try to replace your current display profile with sRGB IEC61966-2.1. If that removes the difference, you know you have a bad profile, and you should use a calibrator to make a new one. If you don't have a calibrator you can just use sRGB for now.

Some more information would really help. What OS? What browser? What monitor? How are you saving, and with what embedded color profile?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The browser I am using is Chrome -- I'll have to look into the color managing. The laptop I use is Macbook (macOS Sierra 10.12.3) and I have already calibrated the monitor. As for the embedded color profile, I always use and save with sRGB IEC61966-2.1.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just viewed the image in a different browser and compared it and it looks like the issue is Chrome! How do I go about fixing the color issue with Chrome?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think Chrome is properly color managed, at least unless you specifically tell it to be (but I don't use it and don't know where those settings are).

Since you're on Mac OS - why don't you use Safari? The only other browser I personally recommend is Firefox. It has the best color management of all browsers, in all scenarios, but even there you have to go in and tweak one particular setting to be fully covered.

In any case, to be sure, always save files destined for web with the sRGB profile embedded. If you use Save For Web or Export you need to check this box manually, as it's off by default.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Are you sure your image is RGB image?

Maybe it's CMYK image and Chrome complitly changes colors

If you save CMYK file and open it in brawser - color changes a lot

it would happend here

Pawel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines