Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Stop caching at all ?

Community Beginner ,
Mar 28, 2017 Mar 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello there,

most time i am working on puppet animations. And I have big problem with caching preview. Because if your puppet got many layers and compositions whitch is connected somehow to each other like lip-sync, some time I got issues with right preview of phase for mouth for example. It is because its caching animation all the time to ram and if i change somethink its is not rewrite preview data.

So my question is is there any possibility to stop that. I mean is there any option - if I move time slider to re-render whole image again and again without caching ? Or is there any possibility to make separate script, program or somethink that can do that ?

This issue force me to change the software for cinema or maya but I am AE fun so its last option.

Thank you

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Mar 28, 2017 Mar 28, 2017

No, there is no way to bypass the caching - even if you turn off the disk cache, AE will still cache to memory - but you can always hope that those bugs might be fixed in the next release.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, there is no way to bypass the caching - even if you turn off the disk cache, AE will still cache to memory - but you can always hope that those bugs might be fixed in the next release.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not even with some third party custom program ? I think for adobe it is an hour work solution with one checkbox in input .. do you like to bypass preview caching .. yes, no ... Because everybody who working with puppets have same problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is not a problem, these are bugs in the program. They may get fixed one of those days. the rest is simply irrelevant.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 29, 2017 Mar 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Of course but I need a solution now, not maybe in 5 next years So i am finding a way.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 04, 2017 Apr 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you are finding bugs, they will be fixed more quickly if Adobe knows about them. Please file bug reports here. More and more bugs with caching are fixed in each release. (Make sure you are running the latest version of AE which is 14.1.0.x)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines