• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

1DX formating and creative cloud lightroom latest version, even after reformatted

Community Beginner ,
Mar 24, 2017 Mar 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I formatted a 128 GB card in a loaner 1 DX Mark II, I still can't read them in Lightroom as they are covered by different colors.

I've been online and read about it and should be able too.  I have the latest version from Creative Cloud and Camera Raw.  My LR version is 2015.9.

I'm hoping some one can help me here because now I'm real suspicious about what happened to my card.

I reformatted it in my 5D Mark III, just took 3 gb worth of images and the same problem keeps occuring which make no sense to me.

The camera I got from CPS kept losing contact with my battery and lenses so I sent it back to Canon.

I'm wondering if that  faulty loaner camera did something to ruin my card as well, hoping they will pay for that if so.

Basically, should I be able to see the images on Lightroom as it is at 9.15 with latest camera raw???

Yes I've updated and rebooted my computer as well, several times.

Thanks and hope you can help.

Stan

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mar 27, 2017 Mar 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Stan,

Would it be possible to check this behavior on a different camera card and let us know if it still shows you corrupted images?

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for commenting, going to test several cards this afternoon on both the 5D III and my 7D II.  Think you are on to something because having real flicker problems on most of my Lexar CF cards with video on the 7D 2.  Can't imagine what could have happened on my way home from Chile but think something did.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, this is getting even more bizarre.  I took pictures on 5 different cards on the 5D III, one of which was the problem.

When I downloaded them on my Mac, after downloading the most recent updates, ALL of the photos were clear in Lightroom.  The ones from the IdX Mark II are still colored but the jpegs are fine.  So my first question, doesn't the most recent version of lightroom from the creative cloud have the ability to read 1DX Mark II images and display them?????????????????????

Now, for the more bizarre, then I went and uploaded them on my Windows desktop.  They are all covered by the same strange colors, same camera, same cards, different computer and one works, one does not.

When I went to make sure I had the most recent update through lightroom on my windows machine through creative cloud it asked me if I wanted to start my free trial???  My account does not need to be repaid until May 30, 2017.

Do you think it would help if I remove copies of my software and redownload them.  This all makes no sense to me other than my software some how became corrupted on my desktop.

Thanks for your reply.

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think reinstalling is going to solve the problem. Can you post a screenshot showing one of the problem images?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mar 28, 2017 Mar 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the update.As JimHess said post a screenshot of the corrupt images. 1dx mark 2 supported since Lightroom 6.5.

Please log out from Creative cloud app and log back in to resolve the "Trial" error. See Sign in and sign out to activate or deactivate Creative Cloud apps

~Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here you go.  Only reason I thought a reload might work is because the same edition is working on my Mac and not my windows machine.  I have logged out and relogged in.

unreadable image from IDX Mark II.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is an image that works in lightroom in the Mac and not on my windows machine.unreadable image from 5D III in lightroom.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

These images are an indication that there is a hardware malfunction somewhere in the production line of those images. It could be the camera, the card, the card reader or cable, etc. You indicated that the images displayed corrupted on the Windows computer. That would seem to suggest that it isn't a hard drive issue. The fact that you can see the image, although corrupted, shows that the camera is supported by your version of Lightroom. Otherwise, you wouldn't be able to import the image at all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Jim, that's very helpful, I'll try another card reader because I'm totally stumped that they work in LR on my MAC but not my Desktop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Then I misread one of your previous comments. If the images display correctly on your Mac  but not on the Windows computer then I would suspect that you have a problem with the hard drive. Do you see the corrupted images in the import dialog, or is it just after they have been imported to the hard drive?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines