• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Hide TOC on first slide

New Here ,
Mar 28, 2017 Mar 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't want the TOC to show on my title slide, so I chose Hide TOC on Enter for that slide action. However, in preview and once published, the TOC still shows on the title slide.  I am publishing to HTML5 (maybe that is the problem)? Not sure what am I doing wrong. Using Captivate 9.02.437 on a Windows machine.

Hide TOC action:

hidetoc.PNG

TOC still shows:

tocstillshows.PNG

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You misunderstand: Hide and Show TOC is only functional for a TOC in Overlay mode​. You have it in separate mode.

This functionality is controlled by the system variable cpCmndTOCVisible (Boolean), but even in the explanation of that variable this is not mentioned.

Maybe you could download my table with system variables from this blog post: System variables in Captivate 8/9 - Captivate blog

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you have borders turned off in the skin editor, you can execute this JavaScript on slide enter:

document.getElementById("toc").style.opacity=0;

To turn it back on:

document.getElementById("toc").style.opacity=1;

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 12, 2017 Aug 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This JavaScript didn't work for me. I just put it in the Execute Javascript Action window on Enter... did I do something wrong?

Amazing there is no way to hide a TOC otherwise.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources