Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After Effects shape layer controls

New Here ,
Mar 28, 2017 Mar 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

When I try to make a square shape layer and adjust the path to 500x500 I still get a rectangle. Same with a circle. Also,my comp is 1920 x 1080 but the default rectangle layer is 2560x1080. Please see attached images. I am working in CC2015 and when I tried to upgrade, CC said I was up to date... Any help is greatly appreciated!

Screen Shot 2017-03-28 at 9.36.37 AM.pngScreen Shot 2017-03-28 at 9.38.05 AM.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 28, 2017 Mar 28, 2017

Do you see the word Custom in your composition settings? Unless you are an expert in video formats, frame sizes, compression and all things related to video you should never see that. You should always use the standard presets. The thing that is fouling up your composition and the creation of your shapes is the pixel aspect ratio that you have set. It's entirely incorrect for that frame size.

Either spend some serious time learning about frame rates, frame sizes, pixel aspect ratios and video st

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you see the word Custom in your composition settings? Unless you are an expert in video formats, frame sizes, compression and all things related to video you should never see that. You should always use the standard presets. The thing that is fouling up your composition and the creation of your shapes is the pixel aspect ratio that you have set. It's entirely incorrect for that frame size.

Either spend some serious time learning about frame rates, frame sizes, pixel aspect ratios and video standards, because video, unlike still photography, has a specific set of rules you must follow if you are going to get predictable results or use the default presets that come with AE. To fix your problem just pick HDTV 1080 29.97 from the list of formats then try again.

Screen Shot 2017-03-28 at 11.15.28 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks, I figured it out a few minutes ago!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines