Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Color Problems

New Here ,
Mar 27, 2017 Mar 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am having trouble with the color of my JPEGS after exporting them from Lightroom CC. The finished image looks great on my computer but when viewed on another computer, Ipad, Iphone or on social media like Instagram and Facebook the images just look like flat RAW files.

Here is my workflow, I start in Lightroom CC, crop and straighten, then export to Photoshop CC and do layers and adjust shadows. I save the file as a JPEG on my desktop and then import the image back into Lightroom. The second time in Lightroom, I use the clarity and noise sliders before exporting one last time a sRGB JPEG file back onto my desktop. The image looks good but only on my computer only. Everywhere else including other computer the image just looks like a flat Adobe rGB 1998 image or a RAW file. Can anyone help? Thanks a lot

Matt

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Mar 27, 2017 Mar 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A side-by-side screenshot is required here.

Color inconsistencies always mean that the color management chain is breaking down somewhere. It can be in an application without color management (like the Windows desktop, or any given web browser), or it can be corrupt/missing/wrong profiles. A screenshot should narrow it down.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 28, 2017 Mar 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

IST_6249.jpgTest-2.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A photo lab told me that my monitor is fine and that is calibrated well. This is what it looks like off my phone which is terrible like any other computer or device:IMG_2475[1].JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We need to see the screenshots to help resolve your colour issue.

However there is another issue with that workflow you describe (it will not lead to the colour problems but will reduce quality). You are saving the same image to jpeg twice in your workflow. Each time that will reduce the quality (jpeg is a "lossy" format)

A better workflow would be :

Start in Lightroom as you do now.

To go to Photoshop, use "Edit in Photoshop" and when you have finished in Photoshop just press save. This will give you a copy alongside your original - saved as a TIFF/PSD (depending on Lightroom Preferences) complete with layers etc that you can re-open and re-edit later if required

-Export to jpeg from Lightroom as you do now

Like I said - this is unlikely to be the cause of your colour issues - but should improve the final quality.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You don't seem to mention whether your monitor is calibrated. If not, you can spend all your time matching colours to a bad monitor setup, so colours are wrong everywhere else.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We're not looking at your monitor, so all I'm seeing is much the same colour. Is the colour right? I don't know, it's very bright and saturated.

But calibrating a monitor isn't thing that is just done and forgotten. You must tell your software to use that calibration, otherwise it's like shooting blindfold. What monitor profile is in use? Where is it from?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Posting the file itself doesn't tell us anything.

Post a screenshot that shows the same image open in Photoshop and, say, Windows "Photos". Put them side by side and press "print screen" - then open Photoshop and paste the clipboard into a new file. Post that.

Windows Photos is not color managed, and so the two will not be identical. That's normal. But exactly how they differ can narrow down what's happening.

It's important you understand that the file isn't "changed" in any way by saving. The question is how different applications display it - correctly or not.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines