• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Does adobe pay anyone to monitor these forums?

Community Beginner ,
Mar 28, 2017 Mar 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Or do they hope do gooders and well wishers take care of everything for them?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Some employees, more volunteers... what is your specific problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Saved file names not matching top level bookmark names when splitting a document.

I keep getting shuffled from one chat support agent to another

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

andrewg14812319  wrote

Saved file names not matching top level bookmark names when splitting a document. 

I keep getting shuffled from one chat support agent to another

Have you tried staying with the chat support agents so that you could get to a solution?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, they transfer me over and over. Thanks though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This LOUNGE area is not a place to ask for either technical support, or about problems with support in general

You posted to a question in the Editing and Exporting PDFs forum... which has nothing to do with the Lounge

I am moving this to that forum

Also, looking at the original question, my understanding is that periods . WITHIN file names do not follow the naming conventions, since a period . WITHIN a file name causes problems with some programs

So changing the period . to an underscore _ is actually correct

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

John,

I moved it back to The Lounge because this is not a technical support thread directly relevant to PDFs. Moreover, the Lounge is absolutely the most appropriate place to post about problems with Support if such a post must exist.

Please leave this thread where it is. As you can see, other ACPs are handling it.

As far as the periods and underscores advise, that should be added to the original tech question in the PDF forum rather than here. I was going to say so myself, but I assume the "many" chat tech agents must have already told the O.P. that. So, I asked him for more detail (in the correct thread) rather than simply restating advice he must have already received.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Not a problem... and I did add my understanding of using a period within a file name to that message

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This forum Lounge is a hang out place for users.  Adobe Staff rarely come here.

The various technical forums have both expert product users and occasionally Adobe Staff are on hand.   It varies by the product forum though.   Unless you see a staff badge next to the person's name, you're probably being answered by a fellow product user who is an unpaid volunteer.  For more info, read the Forum Resources.

Forum Resources 

Getting Started on the Forums

Forum FAQs

Forum Guidelines and Tips

How to Get Involved and Help Others

Forum Success Guide- how to efficiently use the forums

Read this one:

Community User Manual

Nancy

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any advice on how to get a adobe employee to answer this question?

It has been unanswered for months.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

andrewg14812319  wrote

Any advice on how to get a adobe employee to answer this question?

Have you tried calling technical support? If you legally paid for Acrobat, you should be able to get a telephone support technician to look into the problem. Contact Customer Care

You can also reach out to Adobe Customer Care (@AdobeCare) | Twitter with a single polite tweet.

Whatever method you choose, please exercise some patience. You replied to Saved file names not matching top level bookmark names when splitting a document. only an hour ago and immediately then posted this thread AND another one here in the Lounge. As the name suggests, Adobe Customer Care does care about customers, but you are not the only customer they must help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FYI:

• I deleted your other post here in The Lounge that only was only a link to the same post you linked to above.
  • I unmarked your own reply as the Answer.
    • Please don't mark your own replies answers.
    • Please don't mark any reply as the Answer unless it actually answers the original question or solves the original problem.
  • By posting so frequently so many replies and posts with substantially the same content and a link to the same place, you are mimicking the behavior of a spammer. That has triggered the forum software to treat you like a potential spammer. Your replies are now being held for moderation. I approved your outstanding replies, but please try to exercise some patience and restraint to keep the system from treating you like a spammer in the future. Spammers' posts are never replied to or given help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, every adobe  I get on chat says to bring my problems here. So I am. And I don't care if it ruins the user experience on the forums. At this point I just need my question answered and the best way to go about it will be to act difficult and annoying.

I tried being patient and adobe decided I wasn't worth their time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

andrewg14812319  wrote

I don't care if it ruins the user experience on the forums. At this point I just need my question answered and the best way to go about it will be to act difficult and annoying.

Indeed. Yes. The best way to get people to want to help you is to annoy and alienate them.

You're not ruining the user experience on the forums, whatever that means. It's simple logic: if you ask your question in the wrong place, you won't get the right answer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines