New Here ,
Mar 28, 2017 Mar 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone,

One of our users has been getting this error in adobe Photoshop CC 2017:

We have tried:

1. Uninstalling Photoshop and reinstalling from creative cloud

2. Installing an extra HD in her computer to use as the scratch disk.

The help page doesn't really give much info (Solution to "An unrecoverable error occured while accessing the scratch disk" )

Anyone have some advice?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Alexh,

Please refer to this article Solution to "An unrecoverable error occured while accessing the scratch disk"

Regards,

Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good afternoon Sahil,

I have gone through that article and I have tried the two things it listed. It doesn't say what to try after that

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please try this:-

1. Choose Edit > Preferences > Scratch Disks (Windows) or Photoshop > Preferences > Scratch Disks (Mac OS).
  2. To change the scratch disk order, click the arrow buttons.
  3. To enable or disable a scratch disk, select or deselect the Active check box.
  4. Click OK. To apply the changes, restart Photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sahil,

I have gone through those steps and disabled the C: drive. I have the scratch disk pointing to the E: drive which is a spare hard drive. This error doesn't pop up every time. Seems to happen about once or twice an hour

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 04, 2017 Apr 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does is still show you the error after switching to the E drive?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes it does, unfortunately

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

May I know when are you getting this error? while trying to use a specific tool or function?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Completely random. I already take precautions (saving files often, not having too many files open at a time, closing and restarting Photoshop often) against stuff I’ve noticed in the past causes crashes. I haven’t been able to figure out anything linking these recent ones together.

There haven't been any crashes in the past two days, but they always seem to come back

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's great that you are keeping your work backed up by saving them frequently. You can also change the auto saving settings in Photoshop > File handling and set the auto saving time to 5 minutes.

And you can also keep a watch on the recycle bin keep it clean and let us know if it helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 03, 2022 Feb 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

May I know when are you getting this error? while trying to use a specific tool or function?

I get this error while trying to use the text box tool

By @Sahil.Chawla

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines