• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Ever since upgrading to 2015.9, I'm seeing a whole lotta this:

Participant ,
Mar 28, 2017 Mar 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

(I've pixelated the model because she's semi-nude).

Black side tabs, and black bottom tab.  Seems to happen on a daily basis.  Clicking in the black areas does nothing.

Running on iMac (Retina, 5K, 27-inch, Late 2015) and OSX 10.11.6 and AMD Radeon R9 M395X 4096MB

Screen Shot 2017-03-28 at 2.39.13 PM.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 28, 2017 Mar 28, 2017

It's a known issue, and a fix is in the works. Try tapping the Tab key twice. This should clear the problem by toggling the side panels open/closed.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's a known issue, and a fix is in the works. Try tapping the Tab key twice. This should clear the problem by toggling the side panels open/closed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yup, hit Tab a few times.  That was my first guess too.  Didn't help.  But thank you for confirming it's a known issue.  Just wanted to let Adobe know about it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also try other ways of refreshing the Lightroom window, like hiding/showing the application. That's the approach suggested in the official Adobe tech note for this problem:

Lightroom UI panels appearing black on macOS

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For me going back to grid view and then into Develop brings the panels back but this is not general. This is a very annoying bug that has been there at least since the .8 version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Apr 05, 2017 Apr 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hate to resurrect this, but in the last hour, it's happened four times now.  I really wish Adobe would get their act together and address this ASAP.

Rebooting Lightroom is the only solution for me as of this moment.  And it's certainly not very ideal.

Screen Shot 2017-04-05 at 12.41.18 PM.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Aug 04, 2017 Aug 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, I hate to resurrect old threads.  It was said that a fix is in the works, yet despite the latest Lightroom update (2015.12), this issue is now occurring a dozen times a day for me. 

It would be nice if Adobe appointed some of their busy programmers to address this persistent bug with the same speed and effectiveness as they charge our credit cards for the CC subscription. 

Frustrated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 07, 2017 Aug 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you check if you are actually running v.12? The splash screen should show a purple flower and should explicitly say version 2015.12. In Help->System Info you should see: "Lightroom version: CC 2015.12 [ 1125239 ]" as the first line.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yup. I certainly am 🙂 

Screen Shot 2017-08-07 at 3.15.11 PM.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

And it is still doing the black side panels? I thought this bug was completely fixed. At least I haven't seen it all for quite some time. Might make sense to report at http://feedback.photoshop.com that it isn't fixed for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines