• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Trying to install NKS5 extension in CS6 but get ann error message "no signature" so install stops. Updated Extension manager. Any suggestions?

New Here ,
Mar 28, 2017 Mar 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know it's all old but it still works for me so I'd like to get this done.  BTW I was running NKS5 but then it just stopped appearing - no menu anywhere -..nowhere to be found so I downloaded it again.  On the reinstall all of this occurred...confused.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Lounge Forum is not for technical help, please provide the name of the program you are using so your message may be moved to the correct program forum... A program would be Photoshop or Dreamweaver or Muse or Premiere Pro or ???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Google says NKS5 is a Photoshop extension, so I'm moving the discussion to a Photoshop forum... And editing the title for brevity.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What operating system are you using?

Did you try turning on your internet connection and then installing the NKS5 extension?

Is this where you downloaded the extension from?

http://nkurence.com/blog/2012/06/nks5-natural-media-toolkit-for-photoshop-cs5-cs6/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 06, 2017 Aug 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The code signature has expired. If you put your system clock back to around 2016 (or earlier?), launch Photoshop with NKS5 extension loaded (or Extension Manager and install NKS5), the certificate check will pass and the extension will be available.  Then you can put the system clock back to the proper time. (This is on a Mac, not sure about PC but it should work). Note also the palette seems to check everytime it is hidden/shown... so you'll need to tear off and keep it visible.

WARNING: This may interfere with other license checks, programs that rely on time etc. you have running on your system, so really it's not ideal.  But it works, just put the clock back straight away.

Trying to find a way of re-signing the certificate with a far future date. This is the place to start Creative Suite Developer Center | Adobe Developer Connection ... but haven't got round to it.  maybe someone else out there can sort it, but ideally the original author could just re-issue certificate? maybe one day...

Also there's this video of manually installing it, which may get past the certificate check, but it's for PC and I haven't tried it Install NKS5 Extension on Photoshop CS6 - YouTube

---

EDIT - Found a way round all old extensions issues:

PlayerDebugMode

Applications will normally not load an extension unless it is cryptographically signed. However, during development we want to be able to quickly test an extension without having to sign it. To turn on debug mode:

• On Mac, open the file ~/Library/Preferences/com.adobe.CSXS.3.plist  (Number is version … CS6 is 3) and add a row with key PlayerDebugMode, of type String, and value 1.

• On Windows, open the registry key HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Software/Adobe/CSXS.3 and add a key named PlayerDebugMode, of type String, and value 1.

You should only need to do this once.

• In OSX 10.9 Apple introduced a caching mechanism for property list files. This means that property modifications do not take effect immediately. To force you modification to take effect, open the Terminal application and enter this command: $ sudo killall cfprefsd

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines