Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Multiple Clickboxes

Sep 04, 2008 Sep 04, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've found many mentions of questions regarding multiple clickboxes on a slide but not my exact problem. Hopefully someone out there might have a solution.

I'm working on a Captivate 2 project in which I would like to allow the user to select from two different ways of navigating (for instance, close an open window by clicking "X" in corner or clicking a "close" icon. What I've found is that the project is waiting for both clickboxes to be clicked or for one of the clickboxes to be clicked twice prior to advancing to the next slide. Both clickboxes are set to appear without a delay and to stay available for "rest of slide" and both are set to move to next slide.

Has anyone come across this and, if so, any solutions?
Thanks --
Karen
TOPICS
Getting started

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Welcome to our community, Karen

If I were in your shoes I'd be double checking both timings as well as Click Box actions. Here's why. If you assigned "Go to next slide" as the action for a Click Box object, it should do exactly that when you click. There are only a couple of reasons that make sense to me as to why that may not happen.

* The Click Box object has been timed so it is appearing later than your click is happening. In this case, the first click would do nothing, the Click Box would appear and a second attempt would work.
* The Click Box object has been configured to require a double-click in order to function.

If you can, take a screen capture of the Timeline for the problem slide and post it for us to analyze. We might be able to tell you from that why things don't seem to be working as expected.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the suggestions, Rick. I think I've avoided both points you mentioned but here's a screenshot of one of the slide timelines on which this is happening. Maybe you can see something that I missed. (I double checked both click boxes, and they are set to "continue to next slide" and the double-click checkbox is not checked.)

link to Timeline screenshot

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi again

Ahhh, so I think you answered the question with your reply when you said: I double checked both click boxes, and they are set to "continue to next slide" and the double-click checkbox is not checked.

Note that the default action for a Click Box is set to "Continue". But there is another entirely different option labeled "Go to next slide". If you have "Continue" selected, you will see what you are describing. You click and the slide continues. But if it hasn't yet paused, the net effect is nothing happens. But if you change the behavior to "Go to next slide", you should have what you want.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oops. My language mistake. They are set to "Go to next slide" not "Continue." Sorry for confusing the matter by saying "continue to next slide."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any chance of sharing this project so we might see it first hand? Perhaps consider clicking File > Save As and stripping away all slides except the one with the issue and the following slide. Also remove any sensitive information.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I could probably share a slide or two from the project, but I'm not sure how to actually do the sharing. I can't attach a file to post, can I?

I did resize the project so I suppose that could also be playing havoc with things but I kept a copy of the originally sized file as backup and it's doing the same thing. Oiy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Hi again

You could use regular E-Mail and send it to Captiv8r (at) kc (dot) rr (dot) com or you could use a free service such as Acrobat.com or YouSendIt.com.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources