• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can I upgrade to from Lightroom 5 to Lightroom 6 and not have to use CC?

New Here ,
Mar 28, 2017 Mar 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My Lightroom 5 software will not install on my new Windows 10 machine. I was told by someone that I could upgrade to Lightroom 6 and it would work. I really do NOT want to be tied to a monthly fee for software I use occasionally. Is this true? If so, how can I go about making that upgrade?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Mar 28, 2017 Mar 28, 2017

There are plenty of people using Lightroom 5 on Windows 10. But if it won't install as you say, you can install Lightroom 6 as a standalone program. Here is a page with instructions on what to do:

Download and install Lightroom 6 (Single App license)

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are plenty of people using Lightroom 5 on Windows 10. But if it won't install as you say, you can install Lightroom 6 as a standalone program. Here is a page with instructions on what to do:

Download and install Lightroom 6 (Single App license)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Just be aware that Lightroom 6 is not exactly the same - feature for feature - as Lightroom CC.

Adobe is, at times, very unclear - even casual - about this when announcing new features. They rarely mention it with any degree of emphasis so there are often questions in these forums from confused and disgruntled version 6 users about why new features are missing from their version. They sometimes even assume that they did not install the update properly.

Lightroom 6 gets the same new camera support and lens profiles, bug and security fixes as CC. It does not get any new features. CC does.

For example, Dehaze, Boundary Warp, Reference View and the Guided Upright Tool are only found in CC. Not version 6

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines