• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

InDesign freezes (beachball) on almost every action. Even when just looking.

Community Beginner ,
Mar 28, 2017 Mar 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys,

Somehow my InDesign (latest, CC 2017) freezes (showing spinning beachball) on Mac at almost every action. When selecting a textbox, clicking on the menu, changing a font size, adding a new paragraph or CMD-tabbing between two applications. In fact, even when moving my mouse sometimes makes InDesign freeze. I already disabled 'Recent Items' and 'Preflight', set Preview to Typical, but the issue still persists. I wish I could offer some more tracks to narrow down the issue, but I'm afraid I can't.

I also already reinstalled InDesign and removed preferences, both before and after reinstalling. Without luck. It seems, however, that the issue persists more often on documents already in progress, compared to newly created documents.

My current document is about 150 pages large, contains about 20 different paragraph styles, 15K of text and primarily uses continued text boxes for a whole story. Those continued text boxes are about 2-5K of words. Just a few graphics.

I'm running InDesign (latest) on a MacBook Pro 15" 2016 model (latest) with Sierra (latest).

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems that you had applied some of the settings on the product after saving the document please try to reset the preferences

Set preferences in Adobe InDesign

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

Can you please see if the solution mentioned at the following troubleshooting page works for you:

Troubleshoot text selection issues

Let me know if it helps.

-Aman

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines