• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

.mov files on android?

New Here ,
Dec 12, 2016 Dec 12, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anyway to get these file types to show up in clip on an Android phone?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Dec 16, 2016 Dec 16, 2016

Hi,

Since there is no native support for .MOV files on android, we do not support importing .MOV files from local storage into Adobe Clip.

However, Clip supports importing of .MOV files from cloud storage.

You can add your files to any of your cloud account (Creative Cloud, Dropbox, Google Drive) and then you'll be able to import the files into your Clip project.

Please let me know if that works for you.

Thanks

Umang Mittal

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Are these files stored on your device's memory?

Regards,

Sheena

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep, they're all on my phones storage

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 16, 2016 Dec 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Since android does not support playback of .MOV file, the import of MOV files from local storage has been blocked.

However, you can add this file to yourCC assets (assets.adobe.com) and then import this file into your clip project (using import through CC button).

Let me know if that helps!

Regards,

Sheena

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 14, 2016 Dec 14, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Indeed, I tried uploading a file with MOV extension to my phone.

I created a new folder and copied the file into this folder, then started Clip, started new project and tried importing it – the folder would not show at all.

Then I moved the file to another folder, tried to import if from Clip – the app shows folder and shows its other content, but not the MOV file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Since there is no native support for .MOV files on android, we do not support importing .MOV files from local storage into Adobe Clip.

However, Clip supports importing of .MOV files from cloud storage.

You can add your files to any of your cloud account (Creative Cloud, Dropbox, Google Drive) and then you'll be able to import the files into your Clip project.

Please let me know if that works for you.

Thanks

Umang Mittal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not sure what do you mean by Android not supporting MOV files. I can see these files in built-in file manager and play them back with VLC (KitKat 4.4 on LG phone).

I do not see a thumbnail on the file - I presume that thumbnails are generated by built-in Android tools, although I am sure that Android has the means to inject whatever image processing tools there are into the thumbnail generator chain.

Do you mean that because Android does not show thumbnail image on a MOV file, you decided not to show these files in file picker? This seems unwise, especially if Clip itself is capable of playing these files. Even if I had a bunch of files without thumbnails, after ingesting them into Clip the app would generate thumbnails itself, and I would be able to re-arrange the clips using thumbnail images generated by Clip.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mar 28, 2017 Mar 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I use the following method to easily play MOV on Android

This method also helps to play other Android unsupported MKV, FLV, VOB, WEBM, MP4, RMVB, WTV, etc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 17, 2016 Dec 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've tried uploading the clips to both google drive and the creative cloud, which clip now seems to recognize them. Unfortunately when loaded in they just come in as having no data or something saying "duration: <1s". The clips range in size from 3 seconds, 8 seconds to a minute 45

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines