• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Preview unavailable for this file Nikon D750 Lightroom CC 2015.9/Mac OS 10.11.6

New Here ,
Mar 29, 2017 Mar 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I frequently get this error message when trying to import photos and its driving me a little crazy.  sometimes its all the files, sometimes its some of them.   I can't seem to figure out why it happens or how to fix it.   Eventually it "sees" the previews and imports but can anyone help me not get this problem?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do you import?

Direct camera connection?

Card Reader?

Usually, this is a sign of issues with the connection to the camera or a bad card reader.

To sort this out, try to copy the images to the desktop first using finder and then import from there. Does that work more stable?

--- Got your issue resolved? Please label the response as 'Correct Answer' to help your fellow community members find a solution to similar problems. ---

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

direct from the camera

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Jxbrrd  wrote

direct from the camera

This is not really the immediate help you are looking for, but in the long run you will be much happier using a card reader.

Card readers are faster in the transfer, less error prone, require no special device drivers, and do not drain your camera battery.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Should I see an image of the hard drive on the camera when I don’t open light room but simply plug in the camera and turn on the camera?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On Windows, something like that, yes. I assume it's about the same on Mac.

--- Got your issue resolved? Please label the response as 'Correct Answer' to help your fellow community members find a solution to similar problems. ---

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yeah I wasn't seeing a hard drive icon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines