Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Trouble with Canon XF100

New Here ,
Mar 29, 2017 Mar 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I have recorded several videos on a Canon XF 100 and can view the footage using the canon utilities software. However, I cannot upload the video from the card reader to Premiere Elements 11

I have tried using the following route + Add Media then selecting Videos from Flip or cameras

The Canon XF comes up in the source menu but in the window below the following message appears

This device does not contain any supported media

What am I doing wrong?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know nothing about that camera, so I'm guessing.  (Also, by responding it bumps to the top of the list!  Others may know what you need.)

The "MPEG-2 4:2:2 50Mbps Codec (Canon XF Codec)" may be a little too advanced for the older version of Premiere Elements you are using.   It may not be compatible with the newest version of PrE either!   Canon is big enough that sometimes they go their own way with some things like codecs. 

A second possibility is that if you can find the MPEG-2 files on your card, copy them to you computer with Windows Explorer or Apple Finder and then "Add Media" from "Files and Folders".

A third possibility is that, if it is a compatibility problem, you can convert the original format to something more universal with the shareware program called Handbrake. 

If you're inclined, you could post a clip on DropBox (or equivalent) where I could download and try it with my computer.  

Good luck with your project.

Bill

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have the same camera.

Elements on windows does not support .mxf.

If you change the extension to .mpg you will be able to import (uploading means transferring files from pc to internet).

Use the xf utitlity to export to mxf first then change the extension.

The Mac has no problem importing the mxf files.

I am not sure for E11 but this method works in E14 and E15.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines